Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 AM

I want to have ship cruise. I had one on Mediterrean sea, but this time I want to try Carribean.. now, is there a big difference with possibillity of getting sea sickness between a "puddle sea" like Mediterrean and Carribean sea, wich is you know, opened for Ocean. I never been to open seas, I don't really know how is it with rolling
Old 05-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned

You will have no problem in the caribbean with sea sickness
Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Hello Petrij, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

What time of year will you be cruising the Caribbean? That may make a difference. But, even if you do experience seasickness, I've found the best cure is a green apple. It's worked very well for me on a few rocky cruises to Bermuda.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Administrator

I spent quite a lot of time in the Med during my Navy life and had some encounters with rough seas there. The Caribbean tends to be smooth - more so towards the west and south than in the east - but one can encounter choppy seas anywhere in the Caribbean.

It really isn't something to spend a lot of time worrying about. We've done over 20 cruises in the Caribbean and these were in the winter, spring, summer, and fall. A vast majority of the time we were cruising on very smooth water.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Thanks to everybody for help
I'm thinking of first half of June. It's bad time on sea?

Another question - what about cruises from NY to Carribean?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi, and welcome to cruise chat. My husband gets motion sickness very easily, so this was a concern of his too. He gets sick on airplanes, cars, rides, trains, boats, you name it. He has never gotten sick on a cruise! On our last cruise in March in the western carribbean, he did feel a little uncomfortable when the ship was more rocky than usual, so he went to our cabin, which was midship. I highly recommend a midship cabin for you, so you will not feel the rockiness as much. Also, he got free motion sickness pills on Carnival for the plane trip home. Good luck on your cruise.

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Petrij:

Another question - what about cruises from NY to Caribbean?
The Caribbean at that time is usually very calm but the open ocean between NY to the Caribbean can go from choppy to very rough depending if there are any storms brewing.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichC:
quote:
Originally posted by Petrij:

Another question - what about cruises from NY to Caribbean?
The Caribbean at that time is usually very calm but the open ocean between NY to the Caribbean can go from choppy to very rough depending if there are any storms brewing.

Thanks! Just deadly scared... During last cruise first-in-my-life on not so luxurious ship (MSC melody, mediterrean, one of cheapest.) During whole trip I felt good, but suddenly I felt not so good just in route from Messina to Napoli. That made me scared... Cause I heared it wasn't rolling alot, just a little...
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 AM

I did a cruise from NY to the Eastern Caribbean this past year. It was very smooth except for the trip back....we hit some pretty rough waters. One of our friends had mentioned that it can get a bit rocky, so maybe it's relatively common. There was also a storm brewing, so that may have added to the rough seas.

However, there are so many options to avoid seasickness (patches, ginger pills, bonine, wrist bands, etc.) that if you take the proper precautions, I think you will be ok. If it still worries you, there are plenty of other choices where the seas a typically more calm.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 AM

Thanks for advices.

Hmm I've got other question. How You think everybody, what is better - mediterrean cruise or carribean? Is there much of historic things to be seen on carribean too?
I'm discussing it with familly, and I have no idea about differences

Closed Thread