Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 AM

OK, I found the info on Duty free restrictions, but would they have restrictions on non-perishable foods?

One of our ports is going to be Puerto Rico, where my mom grew up, something she used to cook if she could find it was bacalao, a fish batter. Last time we were able to find it was while were were traveling to the east coast when I was a kid and now I living in small town where puerto rician food is nonexistent. So I was wondering if customs would stop me from bringing it in. Last time I remember seeing it, it was sold as a powder in a box (just add water I believe). Of course if I find other foods I may be interested in those too. I am pretty sure fruits/veggies would be a no no, but if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-22-2008, 07:41 AM

A packaged sealed product would be ok.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 AM

This website may help. Fruits/veggies/meats/fish are no-nos. I brought back some cookies that were still wrapped last year, but they were from Key West. I have brought back spices from Grenada that were packaged and wrapped without problems. Hope this website will help you. By the way, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Cool, that looks like what I needed, looking at the site, it seems like it should be ok, technically it is made from fish meat (but dried, powdered and packaged), but they say fish is ok anyways.

I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope, as long as I don't have a whole suitcase filled I think I should be good.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
back, bring, cruise, cruisefanatik, liquid, restrictions