Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2005, 09:03 AM

New member need information on bringing alcohol back. I am so excited on going on a cruise on the 30th to Jamaica. We went on a cruise last year and saw you could buy alcohol on the ship and they would hold it for you. I can't remember how much though. I was wondering what selections they had and if it is really that much cheaper to buy it . Our daughter is getting married and wanted us to buy some for the reception. We live in Pennsylvania one of the few states that you can only buy it in the state stores. I would greatly appreciate any information anyone has.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:08 AM

I live in Ohio (our liquor must also be purchased at a state store) and the cost of the alcohol onboard is about half of what I pay at home. If you are doing a western Caribbean cruise, the duty-free allowance on alcohol is 1 liter per person. If you purchase your alcohol in St. Thomas (eastern Caribbean) the duty-free allowance is greater. You can always pay the extra duty charges if you bring back more than allowed, which for me is still a substantial savings. I know many people purchase 4 liters packaged in heavy-duty carry boxes and are just waved through customs without a glance, but you should be prepared to declare it.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, allowance, booze, buy, carabean, caribbean, carribean, cheap, cheapest, cruise, duty, eastern, free, line, place, purchased, western