Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Just 30 more days from today and we fly into PR to take the Destiny cruise. I signed up for on line docs and received these paper tags. Are they going to stay on? They look pretty flimsy? Also when we fly into PR at 10:00 pm are there going to be a taxi that time of night to take us to the hotel? We don't cruise for 2 days. When is the earliest we can check our bags in for the cruise and then us later?
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 01-29-2008, 07:50 AM

I got off my last cruise during early October, and never bothered to take the tag off the backpack I used. I've used the bag many times since then, and even though it looks beat up, it is still attached. I'm sure tags fall off occasionally, but I wouldn't worry too much - if they fell off often, I'm sure the cruise line would use something else.

HOWEVER, having said that, I would still keep a more secure form of ID (that includes your phone number and address) either inside or attached to any luggage.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Are they the tags with the elastic band to secure them? Or are they the tags that are paper that you cut out and then "staple" closed around the luggage handle.

If you are talking about the elastic tag ones, then Mike gaveyou the correct answer. If true paper tags, the advice given here a couple of times is to "laminate" them with clear packing tape. (Instead of stapling, apply the tag face down on the sticky side of a long piece of tape than push the tape through your luggage handle and then stick it to itself so it loops around the handle. This will keep the tags on.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Hi baby doll, Please also read this thread. It has some good tips.

Dwayne
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MiketheKid:
I got off my last cruise during early October, and never bothered to take the tag off the backpack I used. I've used the bag many times since then, and even though it looks beat up, it is still attached. I'm sure tags fall off occasionally, but I wouldn't worry too much - if they fell off often, I'm sure the cruise line would use something else.

Hey Mike- What did you think of the Miracle?

HOWEVER, having said that, I would still keep a more secure form of ID (that includes your phone number and address) either inside or attached to any luggage.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:08 AM

I feel like lots of people are asking me about the Miracle lately, haha!

I loved the Miracle. The ship was in great shape, our balcony room was fantastic (first time in a balcony), the food was very good, and there was plenty of entertainment. Some of the decor was a little over the top, but depending on your point of view, that's either a good or a bad thing. There were very few negatives, and nothing major. I actually posted a review on cruisereviews.com if you want to check it out.

Are you thinking about sailing on her? Do you have any specific questions?

Closed Thread