Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 PM

I own 2 timeshares...paid $18,000 for 1 and $12,000 for the other...I can travel to any one of 1,200 resorts for the points I bought, but if I want to trade these points for a cruise, I get lousy cabins on oversold ships.

I love to cruise and would have paid the combined total of my time shares for one on a ship - if it had like 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette, and a great pool deck. This has to be the wave of the future. We are a family of 4 so if anyone can come up with a deal and build a time share ship, we're in. Any one else...?
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 AM

I believe there is already a ship out there that would satisfy your needs. It is the World of ResidenSea. Although the suites are each privately owned, you could gather a group of friends or other interested cruisers to join forces, buy one of the suites and set-up your own time share. Just a thought.
Cindi
Old 09-05-2005, 09:34 AM

Cindi,

yes, I guess that would be possible. However, I think you would either need lots of money or lots of friends in order to be able to afford this.

SEASAVER, as far as time shares at sea are concerned, there have been quite a few companies who tried to establish this. The problem was that they usually claimed to have bought this ship or that ship while actually they hadn't bought anything. It was - in all cases - simply a cheap try to rip off people.

I guess that's why few people think of a time share cruise ship as being a good thing.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, cruises, line, norwegian, royal, share, shares, sharing, ship, ships, time, timeshare, timeshares