Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   the Dawn Cabins (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/13472-dawn-cabins.html)

lmsalter57 11-01-2007 04:54 AM

Hi all, is booking a suite that much better than a balcony room? We are sailing on the Dawn next year and I need to book my room soon.

lmsalter57 11-01-2007 04:54 AM

Hi all, is booking a suite that much better than a balcony room? We are sailing on the Dawn next year and I need to book my room soon.

penny3333 11-01-2007 08:31 AM

A suite will be larger, it will have a tub and shower instead of just a shower. We are totally happy with a balcony, but if the price is not a factor, a suite will be nice. Some come with concierge service, some even have more perks, depending on the catagory. In case you have not been welcome aboard, let me say "Welcome to Cruise-Chat". We'll do our best to answer any and all questions you may have. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!

lmsalter57 11-01-2007 08:47 AM

Thanks so much Penny3333. I have taken a few other trips, but this is the first time I will try a better room. Not sure if I should move up to a suite. I will make my choice this week. Thanks

penny3333 11-01-2007 10:31 AM

You're quite welcome. If you do decide on the suite, let me know how you enjoyed it when you get back.

headusher 12-07-2007 11:37 AM

My 2 cents worth. We've had the window, balcony & inside cabins. Since we are not rich people we have decided to stay with inside cabins & use the saved $$ for excursions, gifts, and various other fun things. The decison was easy once we determined how much time we spent inside the cabin verses out of the cabin. This might be something to look at.

For now we are officially 'mole people'.

f-mattox 12-07-2007 07:22 PM

The "mole people" have the right approach; how much time do you plan to spend in your cabin? How long is the cruise? My wife and I, while not anti-social by any means, like to spend a fair amount of time lounging in our cabin. We also like long cruises in warm climates, and lots of sea days. So we feel the extra money for the mini-suite is money well spent, considering all that comes with it--larger bathroom with tub, large closets and storage areas, sitting area, and a much larger balcony.

However we were completely happy with an oceanview on a recent Baltic cruise (cool weather and very port-intensive). So it's really up to you. Different things are important to different people at different times.

Dwayne 12-08-2007 12:26 AM

"mole people" ..?

We are smart cruisers that get to cruise more often than if we had suites and balconies. That is my thinking.

Dwayne

f-mattox 12-08-2007 07:25 PM

Well Dwayne, that is why Emerald Princess, for example, has no less than 34 catagories of cabins; something for every taste and pocketbook.

Dwayne 12-08-2007 09:11 PM

Thanks Rick, Have been considering a Princess cruise. It was my Aunt's favorite line. It is good to know they have all these options.

Dwayne