Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2003, 01:12 PM

My husband and I have only been on one cruise - the western Caribbean on the Dawn Princess. We loved it!! We would like to cruise the Baltic - St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Estonia, Copenhagen, etc. this summer and have so many choices to make. Holland America Noordam has a wonderful itinerary, but I am concerned about the movement of the ship in the Baltic. It is a smaller and older ship. My other choices are Grand Princess, Royal Carib Jewel of the Seas, and Celebrity Constellation. I would like any suggestions. Thank you. Also, has anyone embarked in one place and disembarked in another? If we were willing to do that, we could also fit in Paris.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:29 PM

Hi,

you shouldn't be worried about the movement. In the Baltic larger ships do not necessarily mean less movement. The interval between two waves is fairly short in the Baltic due to it's small size. In general, "stubby" ships (i.e. ships which are fairly wide for the length) tend to suffer from more movement than ships which are fairly narrow for their length. The size really doesn't matter that much.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus
Old 01-11-2004, 03:23 PM

Bobbie, My husband and I took a Baltic cruise on Celebrity Constellation two years ago in July. It was FANTASTIC!

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, cruises