Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM

I have a little over a month befor my cruise, I am starting to feel impatient. I wish I was on holidays now. Do any of you feel this way sometimes? If so how do you keep yourself focussed on the day to day. When you want the work to go away. I've already tried on my cruise clothes a few time in order to feel like I was going away sooner. This long winter is driving me nuts.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 PM

I've got a long, long way to go. In fact, I almost booked another one yesterday, but knew my hubby would kill me. I really, really, really want to go now, so I know how you feel. The only thing that keeps me going is planning on the next one and Cruise-Chat. I read reviews, posts, check the cruise lines for specials, check Celebrity to see if the rate has gone down for my cruise, look at my old cruise pictures, and keep telling myself I have to work if I want to cruise. My suitcases are packed with the staples, make-up, underwear, stockings, shoes, toiletries, sunscreen, rain coats, film, plastic big bags, plastic card/money holders, things like that. My cruise clothes are washed or cleaned, folded or hanging in celophane bags, ready to go. You never know when a really, really good rate will come along I swear, each evening, I dream about cruising, snorkeling, or the ocean. I watch all the travel channel shows on cruising or the discovery channel or history channel. Can you tell I'm hooked?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM

I am the same way, and mine is a long wait. I may have to book a quickie to take the edge off in the mean time. I think this long drawn out winter does have something to do with it.

Dwayne
Old 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM

If I lived in Florida I would be in trouble... I would be booking 3 day cruises all the time...

I book mini vacations (3 day weekends) evenly spread out so that I'm not more than a month away from something so that I can have a mental countdown going all the time. (I just don't bother putting up tickers for these things) You have to have something to look forward to!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If I lived in Florida I would be in trouble... I would be booking 3 day cruises all the time...

Me too. Especially in those lulls when they sell 3-nighters for cheap. Some of those prices are better than what you'd pay for a weekend at a hotel and eating in restaurants - even if you include the onboard charges.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Penny,
I really had to laugh when I read yours, it was like I was reading mine! I have started to realize how much time I spend reading about cruises, I am always in the web, my mailbox is full all the time with cruiseline brochures from ever cruiseline around. I have DVD's from all of them I have watched many times......I am starting to scare mayself... oh yeah and I have a long way to go too

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Sometimes I think there should be a support program for us. "Hello, my name is Dwayne and I am addicted to cruising". Until then, I'll keep reading on here and living vicariously through everyone's cruises. I doubt the program would work for me anyway. I really don't want to be cured.

Dwayne
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 AM

I read about the cheap cruises out of fla all the time and wish I lived in fla for that very reason.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:56 AM

If it wasn't for the cost of flying, I'm possitive I would cruise alot more. Penny also do alot of the same things you mentioned. I'm kind of glad to know it not just me. I even like to watch sea hunter just so I can see some ships.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Oh my yes, if I lived in south Florida, I'd be gone as much as my credit card would allow.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, sane