Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 AM

I haven't booked my flight yet but it looks like the flight home will be late. What are some suggestions of what to do to kill time instead of sitting around airport for several hours? What's the earliest you can check in your luggage? (SAN). Someone once told me you can check in 6 hrs before flight time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:52 AM

We've checked into airports several hours before our flight. You might want to check with the airline you want to use.

I've heard that Seaport Village in San Diego is a nice place to spend some time. I haven't been there personally but heard good things about the shops there. It's only 10-15 minutes from the airport.

Their website says the following: Four miles of meandering cobblestone pathways bordered by ponds, lakes, fountains and colorful, lush landscaping. Quarter mile boardwalk along the San Diego Bay. http://www.seaportvillage.com
Old 06-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

When we disembarked Pride in February, we headed to LAX, rented a car and went sightseeing (Venice Beach, Malibu area). Make sure to allow PLENTY of time to get back to catch your flight. The freeway gets pretty locked up in traffic and you could, literally, be stuck for hours.

We had a red eye back to NY at 11:30 p.m.
We were told at LAX that every airline has different check-in regulations for pre-boarding. Check with your airline carrier for specifics regarding SAN.

Our carrier told us 2 hours prior to boarding. Good luck and have fun.

A'ndrea
Old 06-24-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the responses. Fortunately, last night I was able to come across the almost perfect flight. An OK airline, Great price, perfect departing time to SAN. The flight leaves coming back to east coast at 11:20 a.m. so it will be a little rushed getting to the airport but I'd rather bust my butt getting to airport to catch an 11:20 flight than to catch a late pm flight or early night flight where I would arrive home the next day (early morning)... and then having to spend more money for food/entertainment during the day. The only few early afternoon flights I found would have cost me hundreds of more dollars. So overall i'm satisfied with the flight I found after months of waiting for "a good deal". Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, criuse, cruise, day, do, flight, home, late, leaves, luggage