Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2005, 03:23 PM

Ok. Let's just say I may have seen too many episodes of Dateline (or maybe CSI), but has anyone ever brought their own sheets and pillowcases for, um, cleanliness sake?

I haven't seen this discussed before so perhaps I am the only neurotic one in here...
Old 05-28-2005, 04:08 PM

I've done so with hotels but don't think I will for the cruise because we are traveling with very limited space.

I have heard horror stories about hotels..ICK! Hint: don't leave your toothbrush out during the day.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 05-31-2005, 06:36 PM

I haven't done it but my sister in law does. One night we came into our room and when I pulled back the sheets there was this HUGE stain on it that looked like it had not even been washed. I was SOOOO Grossed out I could barely sleep even after they came back.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 06-01-2005, 07:20 AM

My wife and I usually take out own pillows however,this is for comfort as the cruise pillows are like rocks. We have never had a problem with the clealiness of our cabins. As a matter of fact the cruise employees are always cleaning not only the cabins but the public areas to prevent an outbreak of the norewalk(sp) virus.

Dec 3, 2005 Princess Southern Car. Counting down the days until a trip to paradise.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 06-01-2005, 10:08 PM

I was wondering the same things about cleanliness. I am most concerned about the showers and baths in the cabin. It seems to be hard for my husband to remember to wear shower shoes .
Old 06-05-2005, 04:39 PM

i bring my own pillow and case for comfort. i also wear my flip flops out on the balcony as this is just like walking outside bare foot
Old 06-05-2005, 06:27 PM

Interesting question. Would one set be enough for a 7-day cruise? My guess is that the cruise line takes every precaution to stem any kind of a viral outbreak, so the bedding is probably held to a much higher standard than a hotel would be.

Tom
Old 06-18-2005, 06:59 AM

Is there a "maid service" on a cruise that would change the sheets throughout the week? If I had a set of my own white sheets, I wouldn't want them stripping them halfway through the cruise...
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Yes, your room steward will make/change the bedding daily on your cruise.

Tom
Old 06-18-2005, 10:44 AM

On the Jewel we had problems with the bedspred. I think there was a smoker in the cabin the cruise before us.
It took 3 days to get a new one.

On the Zenith they even changed the bedspreads to wash them after one week.
I never had problems with stains or weared somethings from other people.
When we made vacations in hotels I always brought my own pillow, but I think on a cruise ship they clean all the things more often than in a hotel.

Marita

Closed Thread

Tags
bringing, cruise, sheets