Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Have you experienced sea sickness on the Alaska inside passages cruises?
My wife and I plan on cruising in July-August 2008 and are concerned that we become sea sick.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Have you experienced sea sickness on the Alaska inside passages cruises?
My wife and I plan on cruising in July-August 2008 and are concerned that we become sea sick.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi Superbird, and welcome to Cruise Chat.

Most of the Alaska cruise is on inland waters, and therefore very smooth. You're on the open ocean sailing to and/or from Vancouver or Seattle, but it has never been a problem for me or any of my clients.

There are things you can take with you, just in case, such as ginger tablets.

Sandy
Old 10-28-2007, 12:33 PM

We traveled that route in mid August & thought the waters were calm although I've heard stories about people hitting rough weather in early Sept. Just in case I would bring along a bottle of Meclizine (generic drug) which is a good as the Bonine at a much cheaper price. (Check Wal-Mart) You could always resort to the "patch" if your like my wife who needs something stronger but you'll need your doctors prescription. Perhaps ginger works for some people but my wife has never had much luck with it.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Hi Superbird,

The first time we did the inside passage, there was a sea day the second last day and it was rocky. Since I'm pretty sensitive to motion, I took a gravol and an hour nap and woke up feeling fine.

The second time we did the inside passage they no longer had the Wrangell stop so there was more time to return to Vancouver and the ship went through more channels and closer to small islands so it was much slower and very little rocking. I didn't need anything that time.

Hope this helps
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the feed-back, I think we have decided to take a short cruise (4 nights) from Mobile Al. to Cozumel,for a test run.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, canada, caribbean, cruise, im, inland, inside, passage, royal, sea, sick, sickness