Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 09:36 AM

We have cruised several times before and have always tipped over the guide amounts for myself and my wife. We have two kids and in the past have bought small gifts from the children for the staff instead of tipping. I'd appreciate any advice on whether we should be tipping the full amount for our kids ages 7 and 10 or whether what we have done in the past is ok. We are travelling on Costa Atlantica Feb 23rd.
Many thanks
Old 02-08-2003, 09:36 AM

We have cruised several times before and have always tipped over the guide amounts for myself and my wife. We have two kids and in the past have bought small gifts from the children for the staff instead of tipping. I'd appreciate any advice on whether we should be tipping the full amount for our kids ages 7 and 10 or whether what we have done in the past is ok. We are travelling on Costa Atlantica Feb 23rd.
Many thanks
Old 02-10-2003, 05:20 PM

Most staff members expect the same tip from ALL passengers. Why would you think that children are less trouble to wait on? Generally, they are more trouble. Always tip per person, regardless of age.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:02 PM

Thankyou for taking the time and trouble to respond to my request, its all a bit of a minefield!! I will heed your remarks in terms of the cabin steward but as the kids usually eat in the restaurant for the 1st night only I'd prefer to divert tipping funds to the kids crew staff adventure ocean or equivalent, as they put in so much more (in my view) than the head waiter!

Closed Thread

Tags
beginner, children, childrencruise, cruise, cruises, egu, games, kid, kids, ktipping, ravadaniki, ship, tip, tipping, tippingcomfor