Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2007, 07:17 AM

On the subject of saving space, one small way to save space in what I call my "ditty bag", or shave kit is a product called Shave Secret. This is an amazing product that requires no more than 5 or 6 drops and I get the closest shaves. Also it leaves your skin very smooth. I use it everyday. Granted, this is really a tip for men but I don't know why it couldn't be used on the fairer gender.
http://www.shavesecret.com/

Baseball hats: Are they not designed to keep the sun out of ones eys when playing ball? Now you see them everywhere as an accessory. There are some who even make it a part of their image. From Orange County chopper wannabes to those who want to project the image that they buy and expertly use the best and most expensive golf clubs. I guess if one is that insecure about who they are, they are certainly free to express themselves.

My problem is when they walk into the dining room or indoors at all for that matter. I'm sure it indicates my age but I was taught to take off a hat when going indoors, when the national anthem is played and to show respect to a lady.

I don't know if I recall seeing a baseball cap in a ship's dining room but in the buffet, they seem to appear everywhere.

I want to ask people, "Did you sleep in that? Is it too bright in here for you? Are those sweat stains part of the design? Will your head fall off if you remove it?" So I am able to hold my tongue and go on with the business of serious relaxation, knowing it is not my job to force people to think like me.

Just a pet peeve that I am sure is shared by some and ridiculed by others.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Administrator

One of my pet peeves is other people obsessing about my ball caps while on cruises. (Just kidding)

As a bald guy I always have a hat with me while on a cruise because I don't want my scalp to get sunburned. I do wear it while traversing from inside to outside, and I do keep it on while going through buffet lines since I'd prefer to not dump my tray while trying to hold a hat in my hand at the same time. But I do take the hats off once I am seated, and I'd never bring one to dinner with me. They just don't seem to work with a tux.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:47 AM

Speaking as a fellow "bald guy" I understand your precautions and I guess I make the extra trip back to the stateroom for my cap.

Some may object to my loud Hawaiian shirts and my white legs but I won't obsess if you don't, Dave.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Oh no! White legs are verboten! Get thee to the tanning salon before the cruise starts.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:53 PM

How about the worst of all! Lounge chair saving. That really gets my goat.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:54 PM

OK. What did I do now? My ticker isn't working. I thought I copied it correctly. Help!!!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:03 PM

testing my ticker
Old 01-12-2007, 11:51 PM
What I saw on my cruise that I did not like were passengers using the stairways as chairs. Just sitting on the bottom of the stairs making it difficult for people to get around them. There were even a few that actually resented having to stand-up and/or move out of the way when you said "Excuse me".

And yes, when you are on a cruise, you are on a vacation and should enjoy all the relaxation that comes with it. But that should not give someone the excuse to be a litter bug. I felt sorry for the crewmembers that were forced to clean-up behind such inconsiderate people.
Don't let me get into talking about my encounters with drunken and obnoxious passengers on my cruise.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:26 AM
On the other subject of saving space:

- On my last cruise, I used those plastic vacuum travel bags you see advertised on TV. The ones that they stuffed pillows and other bulky fabric items in then attached a vacuum cleaner hose to and they shrunk down to just an inch tall. They seemed to work pretty good. I used the ones that didn't need a vacuum cleaner; they had a one way air valve and you would squeeze the air out of them. Just remember, they dont make the items inside of them any lighter.

- Also, I packed my items into various ziploc bags. I got some of those giant 2.5 gallon ziploc bags (thats almost 10 liters in the metric system). And I would pack various things in several bags divided by catagory. I got that idea by reading one of the packing advice articles on this website (most likely written by Tom and Mary?). Anyway, that idea of Ziploc bag packing really worked well for me. I don't know if it will save space, but it sure made it allot easier and quicker to find things.

- Also, I did not bring those bulky aerosol cans of deodorant, hair spray, or Lysol dissinfectant on my cruise. Instead I would purchase those empty plastic pump action spray bottles; then I would get those aerosol cans and spray it's contents into the much smaller spray bottle. It worked and saved me allot of space.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

The stairwell sitters are really annoying, aren't they? They often are those who show up for their dinner seating a half-hour early and clog up the entryway and elevator lobby. I guess they think they might lose their table if they don't get there early?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, etiquette, hat