Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 01:01 PM

Hey all, my name is Briana, and I just got back from a wonderful cruise to Cancun... Before i left though a friend over at UMVD gave me a copy of Ronan Tynan's new album. I had no clue who this man was, so i listened to the album, and it was an instant favorite. Throughout my trip i would listen to it, when we laid out, in our room, etc.... Such a mellow, soothing, beautiful voice... Bono from the band "U2" reffered to him as the best irish tenor in the world, and had asked him to sing for him at his fathers funeral.... His story is just as amazing as his voice, the struggles this man has had to overcome to be where he is today. His website has a lot of information on him if you'd like to introduce yourself to him and his music...www.ronantynan.net.
What is everybody else listening to when cruising, or just everyday? Any UrL's to get more info on your favorites?
Old 04-23-2005, 04:16 AM

Hi Briana,
Welcome to cruise-chat. Glad you had a good time on your cruise. I have never heard of Ronan Tynan, so I will have to check him out.

I love your question!! I listen to various kinds of music while on a cruise depending on my mood and what I am doing. I will have to think about who my absolute favorites are and then I'll post another response.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2005, 07:11 AM

Funny you should mention tht. ONe of the major changes that has been made on the Lirica is the music they play during the day by the pool. I have never heard it before, but it is kind of like an Italian smooth jazz/rock compilation. It was outstanding and I came to look forward to hearing it. If they sold a soundtrack of it, I would purchase it.

Tom
Old 05-04-2005, 07:43 AM

Hi Briana,
Just wanted to let you know I was finally able to hear Ronan Tynan and you were right! Really great voice and absolutely perfect mellow cruise music. I am hooing to pick up a CD before I leave for my next cruise (great airplane music as well).
Nancy
Baltic Cruise on Century

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2005, 01:37 PM

When on a cruise I'm a smooth jazz fan myself, but also like some island music and reggae mixed in.
Suzi

Closed Thread

Tags
cancun, cruise, forum, music, musician, reviews, ronan, tynan