Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM

Does it really matter inside, outside or balcony? I guess to me, you go on a cruise to enjoy the amenities of the ship and ports and all that goes on... do you get better "service" in the more expensive rooms, or equal?????? Enquiring minds want to know. We have been on one cruise with small portals on outside, seems to me an inside room would be ok. I know a private balcony would be swell, but they are pretty pricey! Any advice?????
Old 12-05-2005, 01:49 PM

deanejc,

there was a similar discussion fairly recently. I would suggest using the search feature.

As for the service, it is usually identical in standard inside, outside and balcony cabins. However, occupants of higher grades (usually suites, but also minisuites on some ships) sometimes can use concierge or butler service, which often also comes with additional amenities.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-05-2005, 03:05 PM

Deanejc

I have gotten all kinds of staterooms---insides are just fine. If I had not spoiled my Brian with a balcony room our first trip out, we'd be booking inside rooms and possibly sailing more often!

Lana
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Amen to that, Lana. Insides are perfectly fine but I got spoiled with a balcony. Go inside first and you won't know the difference.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 PM

Hello,

If you are addicted to cruising (like 90% of the folks who respond to this board) you will be happy with an inside. However, I would get the largest inside available on the cruise I am interested in. Also, talk it over with your significant other, that is, spouse, or... and get their concurence. I spoiled my wife with a balcony once but because we like going on cruises we will take an inside if all else is satisfactory (itinerary, ship, and so on)

Hope that you have a wonderful time,

Fred
Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 PM

Well, I'll take a different postion on this. I have only been on one cruise, and had the balcony. But in walking around the day of boarding and getting a chance to look at some inside cabins, I would say there is no way I would have been happy in there.

Look at it from this angle - if you are building a home, do you prefer a normal closet or a walk-in closet. Sure you can probably make do with a normal small closet, but wouldn't you really enjoy the comfort and flexibility of the walk-in?

We found the balcony to be a nice quiet place to go to in the mornings, or end of the day - or any other time we just wanted to sit quietly and look at the water. I didn't really consider it being spoiled - I just thought it added to the overall trip.

Now, we also had two children on board with us - so just moving about the ship any time we wanted wasn't always available to us - so the balcony was key there as well.

Finally, when we were looking into it, our T.A. basically asked us this questions - "Do you have any issues with going to bed in total darkness and waking up in total darkness?" The point was, if you like the idea of sunlight, and not always depending on room lights, then something on the outside, balcony or not, is possibly a critical element that should be considered.

Just thought I would offer some counter ideas.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 12-06-2005, 02:03 PM

We are booked on the Radiance in may 2006 for the Hawaii cruise and I compared the prices. An inside cabin is 720 $ less expensive than a balcony cabin. So this difference is almost half the price for the next cruise.
And we love sleeping in dark rooms. Okay I saw the difference on the Splendour, 149 sq ft. to 192 sq. ft. But Im only in the cabin to sleep, to take a shower or change my clothes. So why paying so much more???

Old 12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
The difference in price between the inside and balcony cabins will cover all onboard expenses for two people.... that's something to think about...
Old 12-07-2005, 06:29 PM

Choice of a cabin varies as does cruise line.

I have been in inside, outside & balcony cabins. Waiting to try a suite one day.
Of course I love the balcony, but, personally do not feel I "need" it every cruise.
Some cruises a balcony is a "must" -
Alaska, Panama Canal, Tahiti, Venice..........

As others have mentioned the prices of balcony cabins can be high, especially if you travel as a single as I usually do.
Go with what you like or can afford.
Trust me it is easy to get spoiled
But, I would prefer to cruise more often & take the lower priced cabin.

Good Luck & Happy Cruising

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I have only done three cruises, the first was an inside cabin. After having a balcony on the last two I would recommend spending the extra money. It is so nice to sit out there and have a midnight snack or the first cup of coffee in the morning. If you treat the steward or stewardess right the service should be the same.

Also I love to leave the door open at night and fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.

If it was a situation where an inside cabin was all that was available it would not stop me from going though.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
balcany, balcony, balconys, cabins, caribbean, compare, cruise, cruises, inside, outside, room, royal, ships, versus, view