Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Has anyone seen this video? I remember this story in the news. It happened more than 15 years ago. Wow! It still amazes me!
The hero musician (Moss Hills) that came to the rescue, looks and sounds allot like Davey Jones of the Monkees; don't you think? Anyway click on this link to see the video Oceanos: Cruise Ship Sinks

Also, here is a little more information on the Oceanos from Wikpedia: Oceanos: on Wikpedia

And still more, here is a website created by one of the passengers who was onboard that ill-fated cruise: The Sinking of the Oceanos Aug.4th 1991
Old 07-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Frase,

I remember the sinking of the "Oceanos" very well.

Certainly one of the darkest moments in cruising's recent history.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Did the captain get in trouble for leaving the passengers?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
IB Cruzin:

It would be interesting to find out what ever became of the Capt. and his crew. I have surfing around the web but so far, no answer.

There was one report about the Capt. giving his side of the story claiming; he quickly reached land and returned in a helicopter directing the evacuation from up above. But the story ended there; with no mention what happened to the Capt. and his crew afterwards.

It would be interesting to find out if the Captain and crew were ever held accountable for their actions; whether in a court of law or not. Not only did most of the crew appear to abandon the passengers to their fate, but I heard stories of the crew raiding and looting the passengerís cabins below.

Closed Thread

Tags
captain, crew, cruise, fate, happened, hero, hills, moss, oceanas, oceanos, reviews, ship, sink, sinking, story