Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 PM

Chuck made the best point. My luggage is at the limit every time we cruise. As far as wrinkling, my wife puts everything in plastic bags. It works for us.

Sonny
Old 11-17-2006, 07:59 PM

I used to travel frequently for work. WHen you take a lot of short trips, you don't want to deal with checking luggage. But, as a woman, even short trips can require more packing than a carry-on sized case can sometimes accommodate. (And yes, of course I usually overpack!)

Using Space Bags really helped and let my rolling carry-on bag hold everything I needed. Of course, this was before all the new travel restrictions, so I didn't have to worry about carry-on items that were disallowed.

For a cruise, yes, weight is still a consideration. However, if you pay attention to the weight factor, you can probably manage with a smaller bag thanks to the use of Space Bags than you might otherwise fit things into.

An added benefit: Should something that holds liquid you've stowed in your checked bag to avoid the carry-on restrictions break, your clothing will remain dry because it's protected by the Space Bag.

Just remember to be careful when opening them so you'll avoid the problem cotefamily mentioned above. And remember to take an expanding tote bag so you can accommodate the 'extras' you happen to purchase on your trip.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:49 PM

I bought two of the roll-up space bags years ago and used them once. when i got to the ship the air had gotten back into the bags and saved 0 space. There a waste of money to me.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, bag, bags, blankets, clothes, cruise, packed, packing, phoenix, saver, ship, space, spacebags, unpacking, wrinkled