Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 AM

We are going on a 12 day cruise of the Meditterean in May, 2007, and due to the amount of clothes we will have, has anyone used the "Space Bags" to cut down on luggage space?
Does everything packed in them come out wrinkled? Didn't know if they'd be worth it or not.
Any ideas?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:54 AM

Hi,
I have used those before and they were great as far as being able to bring a lot more stuff. The problem was that I accidently ripped the bag after unpacking, and I had a VERY hard time getting everything to fit back in my suitcases- had to ask other people to take some of my stuff. So be careful with them. Your clothes should not be too wrinkled- no more so than just packing them w/o the spacebag.

Palladium Resorts
Old 11-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Hello. I use space bags all the time, for cruising and long vacations. I pack my clothes that tend to not wrinkle, like fluffy sweaters, or stuff that dewrinkles easily in a steamy hot shower. I have never had a bag rip on me. I am very careful to not overstuff them. I love them. In fact I just bought some more recently. I usually pack an extra bag, for souvenir clothes, or whatever. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I take the small one but don't pack my stuff in on the outbound trip just on the return that way I have room for shopping!
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Hi,
how do extract the air on board the ship. the only spacesaver bags i have seen you use a vacuum cleaner to extract the air.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:13 PM

Ptur, the bags I buy in the local stores (Kmart, Walmart, etc...) have a air purge valve. So, when you roll the bag up, it forces the air out of the one way air valve. Those are the only ones I have used. The key is to not overstuff them, like it tells you too. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM

I kind of ruled it out because I too thought you needed a vacuum for removing the air. Great idea, thanks for the tip!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM

I agree, I always thought you needed a vacuum pump of some sort. Good one
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM

With the airlines charging for anything and everything, don't become so complacent that you lose track of the WEIGHT. Just because it takes less room, doesn't mean it weighs less! The last thing you want is a BIG $urprise at the airport.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:38 PM

A very good point. You could be in far a big shock.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, bag, bags, blankets, clothes, cruise, packed, packing, phoenix, saver, ship, space, spacebags, unpacking, wrinkled