Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM

DO NOT be embarrased to order more than one of anything on the menu. They are used to it and are gracious when you do it. We have cruised 20 plus times now and we always order more than one if there is something we want to try. No sirens will go off...just enjoy yourself and be relaxed about asking for what you want when you cruise.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:26 AM
I toq wouldn't ask for a long time and I finally had to ask for a 2nd lobster tail ! I now ask for a 2nd appetizer too if it looks really interesting and I want to try it! Never a problem. A table next to us had shrimp cocktails every night and it was not even on the menu.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-05-2009, 04:31 AM
Well I normally ask for a second lobster on my cruises and I don't feel guilty because of it.

Actually on my last cruise asked for two entries, because I had never tasted Escargot, and also the same day they got another interesting entrie so I just order the two of them...
Heres the my logic:
They usually plan to make more food than the one they serve, remember that they have to plan ahead and not everyone go to the restaurant everyday but they have to be prepare for them just in case they go to their table, so my Guess part of the food can go to waste either way is way better if I order double than waste it...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 AM
mmmmmmm. Escargot!! I had it for an appetizer then dessert on my last cruise!!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 AM

On one Carnival cruise, we were seated with 3 other couples. One of the couples ordered everything and I mean everything on the menu every night. They ate it all and sometimes ordered extras of items. It was truly amazing!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Now I'm hungry. Actually thats one reason I like buffets, there so many choices and you can try them all. YUM!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Ordering an extra entree or appetizer isn't embarrassing. However, it's very embarrassing to sit there while a server removes the meat from the lobster tail for you when you ask for more of them....and they don't ask you either, they just do it.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM

hello
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM

this is my first time going to a cruise and i really dont know what to expect ..can any one help me..
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, dallascowboys911. Sure, we can help you, but we need you to be more specific. Please read through some of the many threads, and if you have further questions, please start a new thread with your specific concerns.

Let's get back to talking about extra portions...

Closed Thread

Tags
bottomless, boys, cruise, dining, dinner, double, entree, entrees, hungry, lobster, order, ordering, pit, ship, teen