Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 AM

It doesn't embarrass me one bit to ask for two entrees . I ask for the prime rib and the lobster to be on the same plate. It might not come out of the kitchen that way, but they always "fix" it for me. I like it when they take the lobster out of the shell.

Dwayne
Old 02-06-2009, 06:14 AM

On the Grandeur the head waiter came around and removed the Tiger Shrimp from the shells. They didn't have lobster on the 4nt Grandeur.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 AM

On our first cruise on freedom of the seas the waiter said i had to order just one item and when I said I could not decide he told me to have the soup!! since then on Independence we were lucky enough to have great tablemates who liked to sample everything, especially the lobster, the waiter was much more friendly too, I always say "take all you want but eat all you take".
Old 02-06-2009, 09:42 AM

This thread just gave me happy thoughts...being less than 6 weeks away from our cruise we are of course being VERY healthy and taking care of a few extra pounds but only in anticipation of gaining them all back...nothing better than order two of something!!

Happy Eating, cruisers!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Penny, I'm just curious about the couple that ordered everything on the menu every night: were they as large as I would assume them to be? I mean, that's the way Sabatini's does it on Princess; but to do that every night isn't amazing--it is gluttony.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 PM

Oh they were very large. I don't know if you remember Rosie Greer, but he looked like him and his wife was about the same size. They never wasted any food, though, and sure seemed to enjoy every bite. I think the main reason I enjoyed the Grill better than Sabatinis was because there was much less food. Sabatinis was just too much for me, after a while it was a turn off.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

I knew a guy who bragged that he was once asked to leave an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet in Hampton, Virginia. If you knew him you also knew he wasn't lying about it. I'd be embarrassed to no end over that, and certainly wouldn't tell anyone.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not a litigious person, but I think there might have been grounds for a suit there. Seems to me all you can eat should mean "all you can eat".
Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator

I don't know if the Fisherman's Wharf is still there, but it was hard to not get stuffed after a couple plates. And then you had a huge dessert bar with diet favorites like black forest cake and peach cobbler. It was a place that always had a long line and you could wait for an hour to get inside.

Harry wasn't the type to push things though, especially when the food is good and you want to be able to return to the place.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Wasn't there a place called "Family Fish House" in the NorVa where they had an all you could eat menu with something like ten items, and you could order anything on the menu that cost less than your first order? I learned quickly to stay away from the hush puppies (took up too much room).

I'm sure the kids won't have any problem ordering more than one dinner item once they get it figured out.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bottomless, boys, cruise, dining, dinner, double, entree, entrees, hungry, lobster, order, ordering, pit, ship, teen