Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Dave,
I went to Fisherman's Wharf many times when I was stationed at Langley. It looks like Norfolk may still have one. I liked the one that was up in Williamsburg too. It had a waterfall and river going through it. Another good restaurant I really liked in Hampton was the "Great Steak" where you grill your own.

Part of the allure of going on a cruise is trying different foods. A waiter should never deny anyone a second entree.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Fisherman's Wharf was owned by the same people who ran the Captain George's seafood restaurants in the tidewater area.

I've never had a waiter tell me "one entree only". I'd have to go to the head waiter if it ever happens.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I went to Fisherman's Wharf many times when I was stationed at Langley.
And I assume you went to Smitty's Better Burger drive-in! I loved that place.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:56 AM

On Princess we ask for 'taster portions' of any menu items we would like to try out. If we like it we can then order the full plate. The waiters always oblige and then frequently follow it up with tasters of other items they think we might like. It's a great way to try something different without waste. We have no problem ordering double for our favorites, such as chilled soups, duck, prime rib and souffles.
Now I am getting hungry!!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM

We have ordered two entrees at a meal before because it is a chance to try foods that I would not make at home or hesitate to order at a restaurant if I am not sure that I would like it or not. Our children have ordered two entrees too and sometimes we order an extra and share it among ourselves.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Hey Dave, I'm with you when it comes to lamb !
On one of the cruises I kept waiting for the lamb dinner and asking the waiter if he knew what evening it would be served...That evening I ordered two when he came to me. His comment was "sir, I will bring you as much lamb as you want, one at a time." I had three orders of rack of lamb. When it came time for desert and the menu was brought to me and the waiter opened it, there was a large insert with "Rack of lamb" listed in place of the deserts. Needless to say, it was quite a surprise - - - and, I had desert not the rack. They do try to please and go about it in a unique way sometimes..

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 AM
The more I viewed this column - the hungrier I got! Thus I did the only thing possible-I moved up my September 09 cruise to June 09!
These food columns are doing a job on my waist!
Needless to say I am quite happy over the whole thing!

Bon Appetite!

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Just eat what you take...simple as that....

Happy eating and Happy cruising..

Bob E
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Yesterday I was reading the Puerto Rico news and there was a special news section talking about the cruises from Puerto Rico, one of them was the Celebrity Cruises, the Summit to be exact. I like to know your impressions about the person who wrote the article.

Here Is the idea of the article(it was In spanish):

She started talking about how great was the cruising experience. She said that it was good choice because many people told her it was a good vacation for the money,in this case I agree with her

Here is the part where I don't understand:

She said it was a great EXPERIENCE because she learned how to be on a low calorie diet during her cruise and that she did not gained any weight. The expert on the cruise gave her, upon boarding, a special diet to use during her cruise, limiting herself to an special menu, and workout's on the gym.She said it was difficult not to eat at the buffet what she wanted to during her cruise because she did not wanted to gain weight but she won the battle at the end of her cruise since she does not gained any. She also recomended to explore the idea of dinnig with this diet program since all the people that went to the spa got the same results at the end of their cruise.
She also recommended to explore the ship, since more and more people are starting considering not to go to the ports of call and stay on the ship as a destiny. So she did not got out the ship much or visit the ports of call and mainly she enjoyed the ship and recommend the people to do the same in order to avoid great cost and like she said " the ship have everything you need why go out there", remember she is a first time cruiser and have never experienced the cruising live.

She did not order seconds on the restaurant or hit the buffet lines because her diet was mainly on fruits, salads and low calorie entries.

IS SHE CRAZY!!!!!! OR IS JUST ME???
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 AM

Could she have been on one of the special "Weight Watchers" cruises?

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
bottomless, boys, cruise, dining, dinner, double, entree, entrees, hungry, lobster, order, ordering, pit, ship, teen