Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 05:33 AM

18th of december I have booked to go on this cruise I feel nervous about how rocky the sea will be due to my sensitivty to sea sickness whats is like this time of year for the seas.
I wondering if there is lots of entertainment especially for a child of 11 and what are the hidden costs. if anyone has been on this cruise at this time of year can you give me heads up oninformation. first cruise so nervous as can be
Old 10-05-2008, 06:40 AM

Hi babe, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I'm not familiar with the Island Gem. Where will you be cruising?

Sandy
Old 10-05-2008, 06:42 AM

Babe,
I have not been on a ship in Dec.--but there is a group of us that go every Jan. and we have no problem with rough waters. We sail in the Caribbean. I was told if you sail on a ship that is at least 70 gross tonage you won't feel anything because there are stabalizers that balance everything out. My husband gets sea sick on small boats and he has never had a problem on any of our cruises. There are medications you can take to help with sea sickness. Some of the people in our group take Bonine. You take it a few days before the cruise, every day while you're on the cruise and a few days after you get home. None of them have had any problems while using this medication. It's sold over the counter in Pharmacies. Good luck!!
As for the hidden cost for kids, I'm not much help there. I travel with a group that's all adults. I'm sure there will be some extra costs, but it's worth it just to be on a cruise. Most ships charge for sodas, but you can buy a soda card at the begining of the cruise and you will get unlimited soda. All the other drinks like milk, juice, tea, coffee and lemonaid are in the cost of the cruise. Of course alcohol is extra. There are kids programs on board, but I'm not sure about the cost. They also provide child care for a fee. Most of the main cruise stuff is in the cost of the cruise.
Hope this has been helpful, have a great cruise!
Agent 007

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-05-2008, 02:48 PM

yes thank you for replying
Old 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
Hi babe, and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

I'm not familiar with the Island Gem. Where will you be cruising?

Sandy
this cruise is going isle of pines,Lifou, Vila, Ouvea, Noumea New Caledonia

Closed Thread

Tags
care, cruise, day, gem, island, jem, norwegian, stabalizers