Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2003, 01:29 PM

My husband and I are contemplating a Canada/New England cruise this fall and cannot make a decision as to which cruise line to take. Both have good itineraries but are totally different. Would appreciate any thoughts from anyone. We don't have any children and it is just the two of us - mid 40's. Thanks for any suggestions.
pobrien@tampabay.rr.com
Old 06-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Hello Sarasota,

We are Siesta Key residents 1/52 of a year! Week 20 every year. Is it drying out there yet?
We cruised the Carnival Victory for New Years 2002. The ship was very crowded, especially the pools. It was almost impossible to get deck chairs as it seemed like they were all reserved. We ended up on the funnel deck a couple of times were is was very windy. The food was not bad and the service was good. We had an outside cabin and had plenty of room for the two of us. All and all it was a good cruise. We have been lucky as all 10 of our cruises have been at least good.
We can't help you on the Golden except to say we have seen the ship a couple of times and would like to sail on her someday. We have yet to sail on a Princess Ship. Which ever one you choose, have a great cruise!

"Sea" you,

Keith & Rita Ann
Old 06-24-2003, 11:16 PM

We're sailed both Princess and Carnival 3 times each. We much prefer Princess, as we found the service to be far superior, the food great, and overall the ships were far cleaner. If you like to party a lot, then I would say Carnival, but a nice relaxing cruise with still plenty to do that you can gain a few pounds on, then Princess. Have fun with whatever you decide. Do either of the cruises stop in Newport, RI? If that's an option, take that and visit the mansions. Born and raised in RI and now in Florida. It's really beautiful there.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:43 AM

I've cruised on both ships and honestly enjoyed the Victory over the Golden Princess. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to sail the GP again. Both are fine ships. However, in doing this cruise (canada/ New England) I would look at where the ships go and then decide. Bar Harbor, ME, is great as Acadia National Park is right there and there are plenty of tours that will bring you into the Park. Halifax, Nova Scotia is one of my favorite cities with quaint museums and shops located within walking distance of the pier. Many ships call at St. John, New Brunswick, which was a major let down for us. It really is and feels like a small industrial city. Sydney, Nova Scotia same thing. At least there you can takea tour and see the Cabot Trail which on a clear day is wonderful. Have a great time and let me know if you have any more questions.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, golden, key, nova, princess, review, room, scotia