Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2003, 06:50 PM

My last cruise was to the Eastern Caribbean, and we didn't need visas or passports. We are going to the Western C., can anyone tell me what is really required? I am getting conflicting information from the cruise line and travel agent. Thanks!

ZC
Old 07-01-2003, 06:50 PM

My last cruise was to the Eastern Caribbean, and we didn't need visas or passports. We are going to the Western C., can anyone tell me what is really required? I am getting conflicting information from the cruise line and travel agent. Thanks!

ZC
Old 07-02-2003, 12:35 AM

While a passport is not required at this time, I, as long as many others, feel that it will be necessary in the not too distant future. If you are using a birth certificate, it must have a "raised seal" on it, along with a photo ID, driver's license, etc. A driver's license by itself, or a photo copy of the birth certificate just won't cut it. If you think that you'll be traveling more, a passport is the way to go. We use it to fly domestically, and you have far fewer problems with it. Passports are good for 10 years, and renewable at that point. Have fun, and hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:48 AM

I agree with Sue....with all the security a passport is the way to go. Less paperwork to take with you and it can be used for citizenship and photo ID. I always advise my travel clients to get a passport anymore, even for Mexico. It is just alot less hassle. If you decide to go the passport route be sure to make 2 color copies of your passport. One to carry with you and leave one with your travel agent or family member. That way if it gets stolen you have proof and can get it replaced alot faster.

Bon Voyage
Old 07-02-2003, 07:54 AM

I was worried that I wasn't going to get my passport in time for my July trip and that I might have to have the passport expedited. No problem at all!! I had my photo taken and passport taken care of at the main Post Office, all in one shot - I think it cost around $70 total???

But I received it in 2 wks! I couldn't believe how fast it was - a passport is worth it, b/c you never know when you might need it.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:12 PM

Thanks, this really helps.

ZC

Closed Thread

Tags
accept, birth, birthcertificate, caribbean, caribbeans, certificate, copy, cruise, cruises, didnt, eastern, id, passpirt, require, visa