Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2006, 05:54 PM

I have friend born in 1952 her copy of the her birth certificate is an official photo copy bur does not have a raised seal. Its black with white lettering. She has used it to get Drivers license with no problem. Do you think she is going to have a problem? Thanks for your help, you guys are the best.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Her best bet would be to have a passport. Most cruise lines now recommend that a passport is the best means of identification. Plus, as of Jan 2007, all U.S. travelers will be required to have passports to travel to the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada. It takes awhile to obtain your passport. It took us about 60 days, but I believe you can pay for an expedite.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM

It must be original or a certified copy. In order to get a passport she will also need original or certified copy. She will have to go to the county clerks office in the city where she was born, or department of vital statistics in her states capital.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:31 PM

She should check with the cruise line, but without a passport, she may need her driver's license and a recent photo with her at all times.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Hello. I have ordered a offical copy of my birth cert. from the hall of records website from the city I was born in. I have also called them to order over the phone a copy for my stepson. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 PM

My sometimes cruise buddy lost his all together and called his county and got a form to fill out and paid a certification fee was small. Got a certified copy/raised seal in about 3 weeks.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Certified copies NO LONGER WORK. It has to be the original with a raised seal. Her best bet is to get a passport. My mom and I had our birth certs and my cousin had a passport. She got through customs much faster than we did.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:08 PM

Since when do certified copies not work? Last November we went on a cruise and we had the credit card size birth certificates with the raised seal and they worked fine. We are going again November 2 do we need something else?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deputy2:
Since when do certified copies not work? Last November we went on a cruise and we had the credit card size birth certificates with the raised seal and they worked fine. We are going again November 2 do we need something else?
Well, I just looked at the RCCL and Carnival websites and they both say a certified copy is fine. Not sure where Greyson got this information. What if your original was lost in a fire? Are you forever banned from leaving the country?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:57 PM

All I know is our cruise line and the airline required an original with a raised seal. My mom had to go get another birth cert because she could not find hers. As of 1-1-07 you will need a passport for any travel outside the country, including Canada. We were even given info about this on our ship and they recommended doing this soon so as to not cause any headaches for the next trip. We just got back from our cruise which included sailing from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Closed Thread

Tags
accept, birth, card, carnival, certificate, credit, cruise, lost, misspelling, order, registration, replacement, seal, size, statistics, vital