Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
So you know there is a hurricane here on the Puerto Rico area,
on October????

it's now between Vieques, culebra and st. Thomas
is just a lavel 1 hurricane but mostly they are closing a few things on the island,
Most of our atractions are already closed like "el Yunque" rainforest and all our national parks so my best guest st. Thomas, st.Croix, st.Martin ect. will do the same on a few hours if you are going to cruise the caribbean there will be a few changes on the port of calls for this weekend. This is a very strange hurricane since it is going backward so we don't really know what damage it's going to do but since is just a level 1 hurricane I think is not that bad and next week everything will be back to normal
I'll let you know any info I can get...
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

RCI has swapped the Mariner Of The Seas to a western Caribbean itinerary this week.

Another oddity is the track of Omar - forming in the south Caribbean and heading north/northeast.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 AM

I hope that it blows by quickly, Cas, and no damage is done. Even catagory 1 hurricanes can wreak havoc. Take care and be safe!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
As I see it is not that bad but still is a hurricane...
Thanks for the comment Penny3333 that's the plan.
For the island
well only problem is our main electric power source is near the area that will be affected on "Aguirre"
I can only ask God that the Hurricane did not affect it, last time we were almost a week without electric power or water so I don't really like that because after a hurricane the climate becomes a hotter and we usually have problems even to buy some ice but as I said thats the normally on level 4 or 5 hurricanes cases.
The national weather service on Puerto Rico says that Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are under this Hurricane effect so maybe all the south Caribbean cruises will be affected, for us it can only become a level 2 before it get to Puerto Rico in the worst case... I know we are going to be fine but this will affect any cruise during this week and maybe the next one who knows...
Old 10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Administrator

You and your family will be in my thoughts, Cas. I hope that any damage is minimal.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 AM

They said this morning on the news that Omar was a catagory 3, now. Good heavens, I sure hope that you will be ok, Cas! I went through 6 in Ft. Lauderdale, the worst one was Donna, the least was David. We had no FEMA back then, waited for flood waters to recede and then cleaned up on our own. We filled bathtubs up with water, loaded up on sterno and charcoal, had loads of canned goods and waited for the power and water to be restored. Donna was 3 weeks before we had power, water was about a week later. I was a kid, so it was heaven to me-no school But it was really scary while it was blowing through.

Closed Thread