Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM

When it gets closer and closer for you to go on your cruise, What do you look forward to or get excited about the most when you think about your cruise?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi "P"

I've been on 19 cruises and soon to be 20...and as each one gets closer to the sailing day, I start to get excited just knowing I'm on a ship and sailing the seas....there are times I get to the airport 5 hours before the plane leaves, just to make sure I get there....Minnesota winters can be brutal....There is never a bad cruise, some are just better than others...Happy cruising and enjoy the excitement...

Bob E
Old 03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Well I can tell you this:
The night before my cruise I always, around 9:30 pm after paking the last of my luggage, I go out to my backyard and smoke my last cigarrette on Puerto Rico looking to that beautiful tropical night knowing that tomorrow I will see a new night, with new stars and that great view that I can only see from a cruise ship on the open ocean. I never get nervous, just excited about it just knowing that the next day will be the start of a great vacation.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 PM

In about 2 weeks I'll be on my 44th Royal Caribbean cruise. It's the same exciting feeling that I had before my last cruise, and the cruise before that, and before that...! It's just knowing that I'm going to be pampered, eating great food, seeing fantastic shows; visiting different ports, and meeting new friends—and knowing that I'm going to my happy place again!

Sonny
Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 AM

It's still a month out, for only a 3 day cruise, and I'm as giddy as I was on my first cruise. When pulling up to the dock, you lay your eyes on your ship, take in her size and beauty. I can't wait to step on board, explore the ship, smell the salt air and wait to see the lines being pulled in. Waving to the people on shore as we sail by. Of course, everyone's favorite--the Muster drill!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
I look forward to just getting away and being on the open Ocean. This coming cruise will only be my 2nd and I am just as excited as I was about my first and this time instead of just 5 of us it will be 20 of us only because we came back and told the family how great it was. I love the prepping for the cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
As soon as we've booked a cruise, I feel like a kid at Christmas. Counting down the days, researching the ports and organizing my stuff, until it is time to go. It's a good thing we seldom book more than 3 months ahead; I don't think I could stand it. But as soon as I'm home, I start looking for the next cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM

I don't get really excited until I receive my cruise docs. Then the night before we leave, we are like kids on Christmas Eve. We usually wait to sleep on the airplane.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Administrator

I remember when we received the docs for our first cruise. It was in early November 1992 and we were booked on the Thanksgiving cruise of the previous Westerdam. We pulled in the driveway and there, sitting next to our front door, was the Fedex package. It was a breathless moment as we read through everything - it was as if we had booked passage on some exotic voyage like you see in old movies. It was intoxicating.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:08 PM

Funny, but just after a book a cruise I get a little down because I enjoy researching and finding that "deal". As it gets closer my excitement starts building again and when we board that plane to head to Florida.....I'm pumped. As many have said....just like the first one. every cruise brings new and thrilling things along with meeting some great people. Wow, all of a sudden I'm excited! LOL

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011

Closed Thread