Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM

we are taking a land vacation sniff: to the south florida area this month can someone tell us where we can view the cruise ships in Ft. lauderdale and Miami thanks
Old 07-07-2007, 06:05 AM

Everytime we have gotten off a cruise ship in miami, it has been for a sunday to sunday cruise. We go to south beach, find a cafe on ocean drive for dinner. As we sit there, the cruise ships start to sail out to open water. For a relaxing day, I think I would hang out at south beach till 7 pm or so. I would pick the south end of south beach. There is also a waterway, that the cruiseships sail down, to go out to open water. I always see cars pulled over, and people hanging out on the waterway waving to us. Maybe someone knows exactly how to get to that waterway. I always thought it was kind of a sick torture watching them sail out, especially if you just got off. We have only cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale once, I don't recall too much on it. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 AM

Biscayne Bay, Miami...
Old 07-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Lori:
Everytime we have gotten off a cruise ship in miami, it has been for a sunday to sunday cruise. We go to south beach, find a cafe on ocean drive for dinner. As we sit there, the cruise ships start to sail out to open water. For a relaxing day, I think I would hang out at south beach till 7 pm or so. I would pick the south end of south beach. There is also a waterway, that the cruiseships sail down, to go out to open water. I always see cars pulled over, and people hanging out on the waterway waving to us. Maybe someone knows exactly how to get to that waterway. I always thought it was kind of a sick torture watching them sail out, especially if you just got off. We have only cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale once, I don't recall too much on it. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

That would be torture I would be wishing it was me with a sad face.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:22 AM

we are taking a fall cruise and i know it will be hard to watch but its something to do.Thanks to everyone!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Yesterday morning at 8 a.m. I was on the West Side Highway. I always enjoy going past the pier and admiring the cruise ships docked.

Unfortunately, as we pasted by, all of the ships were out to sea. Something caught my eye and I looked to my left and to my amazement and joy, the Carnival Miracle was coming back into the New York Harbor. She was gliding, quietly and gentle, hardly creating a wake in the Hudson River. We pulled over just to watch her gloriously pull back into her slip.

As we left Manhattan at 9 p.m. last night, she was gone again. I'm still amazed at the amount of speed they can unload/reload passengers, food and supplies and be off on another voyage.

Seeing the Miracle made my day yesterday. Whatta sight!

A'ndrea
Old 07-07-2007, 12:10 PM

For some reason it makes mine too.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Now - if there was only a way we could get a cruise ship up (or down) the Santa Cruz River. . . (this is a joke - there's no water in the river)VBG
Old 07-10-2007, 09:41 AM

I have also seen them in Port in Portland, Maine and it always make we wish that I were on it and sailing away as well. Maine is getting its share of the summer cruise ships in several of the ports here.

Peter1

Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

Peter, Maine rules!

Closed Thread