Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:55 AM

We are set to sail in March on the Carnival Legend. We have never cruised before, and don't know what to expect. We will be with our two children ages 2 and 4. Any tips/suggestions for cruising with young children. I am really nervous as cruising seems to be a whole culture I do not understand... yet? Do I need to book excursions and childcare before we get on the ship (now?) or can it wait until we are on board? Any help & suggestions would be much welcomed!
Thank you!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-23-2009, 07:17 AM

JillMay Welcome to cruise chat! There are better experts on cruising with the kiddos than I that I expect will be able to answer ANY question that pertains to Camp Carnival. But let me jump in and answer what I can.

You do not need to register your children before the cruise. On the first day there will be a Camp Carnival "welcome aboard" party. You need to attend this, as this will be where all the information for the children and CC is given out. You will be able to sign up then and meet the camp councilors also. They do offer baby sitting services also but these can be expensive.

Also, on the first day they have a life boat safety drill. When you attend this, your children will be given a wrist strap to wear for the cruise. This has their correct life boat muster station on it so if there were to be an emergency they could get them to the correct place.

You will fall in love with cruising. The kids will really enjoy it also. Its a bit more difficult to do it with children so young, but it is not unheard of. Have a great time!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi jillmay, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

In addition there is also an informative article about Camp Carnival in our FAQ section. Here is a link.

Congrats on your first cruise, and welcome aboard.

Dwayne
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 AM

thank you for your welcomes! I did read the FAQ's and found them helpful.. thank you for your comments and suggestions... any moms out there with anything to add... please I would LOVE any tips/suggestions!!

Jill

Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM

Hi jillmay,

I took my kids on their first cruise when they were 3 and 5 on Carnival, and they had a blast! They love cruising, now that they are 10 and 12, and go about every year. They loved the kids program, especially when they were younger, and my husband and I had some alone time. Also, at the time, my 3 year old ordered mac n cheese at every dinner, whether or not it was on the kids menu, and she got it. It was a fantastic cruise. Happy Cruising.

MamaofEnS
Carnival Ecstasy June 2002
Carnival Elation August 2000
Celebrity Century June 1998
Carnival Carnivale August 1993

Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM

Thank you Mama!! I am nervous but I am sure once we get there it will be fabulous!! Nervous just because I don't know what to expect at all!!

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, carnival, chat, child, children, cruise, cruises, cruising, ecstasy, info, it, kids, ot, safety, tips, you, young