Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:46 AM

I know this isn't really cruise related, but I have a favor: My cousin in Alaska has a daughter whose husband is currently stationed in Iraq. We just received word that he (AJ) and his crew were hit by a roadside bomb in their hummer. I am happy to report that, with God on their side, one was injured seriously, minor cuts and bruises. Please continue to pray for AJ and his troops while they are serving their 18-month tour in Iraq. He and Sherry's daughter Dawn were just married a year this past July. Dawn is still in Alaska, where AJ is stationed. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:20 AM

Haven't seen you in a while, Greyson. Good to hear from you. The troops are in my prayers daily. Your cousin as well as their families will be included from now on. War is never pleasant and I pray for an end to the conflict as well as a lessening of tensions for all nations involved. My father retired from the army and was a veteran of Vietnam and my grandfather flew with the Flying Tigers in Burma in 1942. We are a military family and I support any and all soldiers who risk their lives daily so that we can enjoy the freedom and prosperity that so many before us have died to secure.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 AM
This is totally OT and also a touch political. It has nothing to do in a cruise forum.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

Gotta love those cruisers. Do you swear to talk about nothing more than cruising, the whole cruising discussion, and nothing but cruising, so help you Cruise Chat?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Svein:
This is totally OT and also a touch political. It has nothing to do in a cruise forum.
I beg to differ... There are no politics whatsoever in this thread. Unless my 20/20 vision is failing me, the topic of this thread is "prayer for the troops." Greyson is a wonderful person who means no ill will towards anyone. Good day, sir.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

Lori,
My thoughts and prayers are added, as well.

Well stated, dr.

A'ndrea
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
quote:
Quote:
I beg to differ... There are no politics whatsoever in this thread. Unless my 20/20 vision is failing me, the topic of this thread is "prayer for the troops." Greyson is a wonderful person who means no ill will towards anyone. Good day, sir.

I think your 20/20 is treating you badly today, SIR. The only personal attack in this tread comes from you.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM

Svein, this is about MY FAMILY, not a bit about politics. You need to quit taking things the wrong way. My family is very important to me, although I don't support war, I DO SUPPORT MY FAMILY. If you don't want to pray for them, DON'T but I do not appreciate you going off on me for this not being cruise-related. Check out the number of posts, I have been here a lot longer than you have and I have friends here that I know will pray for MY FAMILY!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM

I would like to ask a favor as well, Svein, do not post anymore comments on this subject. I do not appreciate your negative comments....I hope people can back me on this one. To all of the others out there, thanks for your replies.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Favor granted. It was not my intention to be "going off on you" and I'm sorry if it hurts you personally.

And I would gladly include your family in my prayers if I was a praying man. But I'll give you my hopes that they return safely.

Closed Thread