Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM

This has kind of been discussed before but I had a different type of question.

For anyone with vertigo who has cruised, how did you manage with getting around the ship? I am considering getting one of those walker type things that have a seat so I can sit whenever and whereever I need to. I am travelling alone and will not have someone to help steady me if I get too dizzy.

I have just recently "acquired" this condition (after booking vacation) and I get woozy walking to my mailbox. I have never really had much problem with motion sickness before having flown and been on riverboats etc. Am I worrying too much about it seeing as my cruise is nearly three months from now and this "episode" will be over by then?

Thanks, Jackie
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Hello Jackie;

I'm sure you would agree that your doctor would be the best source for advice on this. But I think the walker/seat combo might not be a bad idea, especially if you are travelling alone. Coral Princess is a very long ship; there is always a place to sit close by in the public areas, but the hallways on the cabin decks are quite long with only three foyers in almost 1000 ft..
And some of the walkways on the upper decks have long distances between places to sit.

Hopefully you will be past this episode before your cruise. But if there is a chance of a recurrence I think you should consider the walker.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you like Coral Princess.

Rick
Old 02-27-2008, 06:05 PM

Thank you Rick,

I don't want anything to "ruin" my cruise. I expect this to be the first of many. In fact, I am already trying to plan my second! My daughter is mad that I am not taking her on this one (too many days off from school) so the next one she is going on!

Thanks again.

Jackie
Old 02-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I can see from your other posts that you are doing your research. This is good. The more you know before you go, the less chance you have of nasty surprises. Many, if not most of the problems we read about here are the result of a lack of planning. You can't plan for EVERY eventuality; but you can be ready for most of them. And a roll-with-the-punches attitude, and the realization that "thing's happen" will get you through the rest.

Do try to take your daughter on a cruise. Traveling solo has its own special advantages. But having someone to share the trip with is wonderful too.

Best of luck.

Rick
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Hi tekdiva I hope that this helps I also suffer with vertigo you will find that the first episode is the worst and the one that lasts the longest but with the medication you are on assuming you are shoud see you right long before the date you are travelling and as long has you take your medication with you if if you are not in an episode you should be alright and don't think you will need a walker i just start taking my medication if i feel woozy and it helps keep it at bay anyway I hope that this hels and if there is anything else please post and i will try to help hope your feeling better soon Julie
Old 03-03-2008, 10:01 PM

Thank you Julie. I feel more at ease now.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, ruin, suffer, traveling, veritago, vertigo, virtigo, yuo