Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 12:09 PM

Hello.

I have never taken a cruise before and would like some help selecting a line & ship to go with. The cruise would be around the Bahamas on honeymoon, so quiet and romantic is what I want to get out of it. I would want a balcony, and the size/quality of the room would be a very important factor, as would the staff. I don't want to have to dress formaly (at least not every evening).

Help a groom to be with any suggestions/experiances you may have please!

Gez
Old 11-10-2002, 12:09 PM

Hello.

I have never taken a cruise before and would like some help selecting a line & ship to go with. The cruise would be around the Bahamas on honeymoon, so quiet and romantic is what I want to get out of it. I would want a balcony, and the size/quality of the room would be a very important factor, as would the staff. I don't want to have to dress formaly (at least not every evening).

Help a groom to be with any suggestions/experiances you may have please!

Gez
Old 11-10-2002, 03:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gez:
Hello.

Hi,

it is not easy to make recommendations. There are many ships, sailing from many different ports, to the Bahamas. Most Bahamas cruises are from Southern Florida and are three to five days. There are also cruises from other east coast ports that are up to seven days.

Probably the best advice would be to get a good travel agent who is specialized in cruises and preferably knows several different lines himself / herself.

Have you taken any particular ships or lines into consideration already and how long would you like to travel?

It takes some time to find the cruise that fits your expectations best but don't worry, it's worth the effort. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-11-2002, 11:13 AM

Thanks for your comments Raoul.

As I live on a small island, finding a local travel agent that specializes in curising would be difficult, but I will try to find one. I picked up brocures from Royal Caribbean & Princess today which I have had a look through. As I said before, the quality of the rooms is the highest priority (as this is probably where most of our time will be spent whilst on board), but this is very difficult to gauge from the brochures. Having had a look, I will probably want a Caribbean cruise for between 7 - 12 days. I like the look of Princess ships & the idea of "personal choice cruising" (as I don't realy know what to expect from a cruise), but prefer the look of the stops of Royal Caribbean (never been to the Caribbean either, so I don't know - I am going on pictures from the brochure!).

I have read on your website that Princess is being bought by another line (probably Carnival), I know it's a bit of an un-answerable question, but do you think this will have an effect on Princess (good or bad, I haven't read anything on Carnival)?

I have around 7,000 (about 11,000 EUR) total to spend (including return flights from the UK) for the both of us for a 14 night holiday. Whatever time we have left would probably be spent on a stop-over from whichever port we sail from before we go cruising.

Choices choices, bewildering choices!

Thanks
Gez

Closed Thread