Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2003, 11:18 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami?

Thank you
Old 02-18-2003, 11:18 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami?

Thank you
Old 02-18-2003, 11:04 PM

How about purchasing transfers from the cruise line?
Old 02-19-2003, 12:55 AM

Hey,I've done this a few times. You can purchase transfers directly from the cruise line and that would probably be your best option if there is just 2 of you. Last year though we had six in our party and rented a car saving us quite a bit. You used to be able to rent from Avis at FLL and turn it in at a location in the Port of Miami right by the Royal Carribean terminal. When I did it a few weeks ago the Port location was closed. So, we rented from Thrifty at FLL and turned it in at a hotel near the Port and took the complimentary shuttle from there right to the ship. It is a straight shot from FLL to the port in Miami and it takes less than an hour to get there. If you are flying in the night before (which I always do since I make my own flight reservations) a rental car is the way to go. Hope that helps.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:39 AM

CapeCodder: I'm interested to know which hotel you used in Miami. Thanks. Bobby
Old 02-19-2003, 12:23 PM

I wasn't aware that the cruise line offered transfers from FLL but we are flying in the night before. Thank you for the information I think we will go with the car rental because there is 4 of us. Thank you for the help!
Old 02-20-2003, 10:37 AM

Have you considered purchasing a one night pre-cruise hotel package through the cruise line which will of course, include all ground transfers? Bobby

[This message was edited by Bobby on February 20, 2003 at 09:46 AM.]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:54 PM

Bobby: I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Miami. I've stayed at the HoJo's at Miami Airport and would never stay there again. Last June, I tried Priceline and got a great price for the HoJo's across from the Port. They had free transportation to the pier and you could easily walk (though take a taxi at night) to Bayside which I really like. Our room was quite nice and very clean. My friends room was dirty and smelled. My favorite place to stay before taking a cruise is the Beach Plaza Hotel on South Beach. The nightlife is awesome nearby and you're only a block to the beach at most. Rooms are in the 75 dollar range which can't be beat. The night before deals offered by cruiselines are at great hotels but the cost can be way too much. A while back I priced a one night stay with NCL and was quoted a price (for one night mind you) that exceeded the price I'd paid for 7 nights on the Norway.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:51 AM

FLL has a shuttle service at the airport that services Miami. Do a Yahoo search with the words FLL shuttl cruise, or go to the Fort Lauderdale airport web site and look under ground transportation. I think the charge is $20pp. They leave about every 15minutes and will stop at various destinations so it add a little time to the trip.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:51 AM

FLL has a shuttle service at the airport that services Miami. Do a Yahoo search with the words FLL shuttl cruise, or go to the Fort Lauderdale airport web site and look under ground transportation. I think the charge is $20pp. They leave about every 15minutes and will stop at various destinations so it add a little time to the trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
car, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, companies, cost, fll, lease, mia, miami, port, rental, royal, transport, transportation