Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2003, 07:57 PM

Are the veranda's glassed in on the Glory? (if I was ever on a cruise I probaly would not have to ask such a question)

dave hajjar
Old 09-06-2003, 07:57 PM

Are the veranda's glassed in on the Glory? (if I was ever on a cruise I probaly would not have to ask such a question)

dave hajjar
Old 09-06-2003, 10:45 PM

A veranda is like a small porch, very open and usually 11' x 3'. I don't know about the Glory specifically, but every ship we've been on, which is many, are all the same, some considerably larger. We love them, and wouldn't have anything else. Once you get used to them (they are more money), you'll never want anything else. Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:53 PM

We have heard that a balcony room is a waste. But, we have only cruised once and we had an outside stateroom. OUr friends had a balcony. It look nice. But do you use it (on Average).

On the Mariner it offers 3 days out to sea and we thought a balcony would be nice to do breakfast on. I understand everybody has a differ opinion about this, but I would like to hear them. Then we can figure out what we want to. Also, does the higher decks get a lot more motion. Thats were the balconies are located.

thanks
Old 09-25-2003, 01:15 PM

I personally love balcony cabins! I'm rather a fresh air nut anyway (just ask my hubby; I'm always going around opening the windows at home). But we like to relax in our cabin, away from the crowds, and also like the relative privacy a balcony gives - rather than watching the sailaway (or coming into port) from the top deck with everyone else, we can just step outside our cabin and watch from our own space. Granted, you can hear others on their balconies, and on some ships the balconies above have a view of the lower ones. However, for us, it's worth the extra money. We'd rather spend a few more dollars to really enjoy our vacation.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:19 PM

Thank you Karen. Thats what we kinda thought.

Is the room smaller due to the Balcony? I have heard that it was.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Banned

Rooms are not smaller with balcony. Bring a short 6 ft rope or bungy cord and keep your balcony door open all night! Great way to cruise!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:18 PM

If the rooms are smaller due to the balcony, you won't notice it unless you're trying to pack more than 2 or 3 people into the cabin, as it would be by only a foot or two. If anything, it feels more spacious as the floor-to-ceiling window/door that leads to the balcony lets in more light and makes the cabin seem to extend farther out. Enjoy!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:14 AM

thank you for all the replies. You all convinced us!! We'll do a balcony.

Doesn't the balcony door stay open on it own? Do we really need to bring a bungy cord? I will if we have to. I'd love to hear the ocean while we cruise. Does the door have a screen door attached?
Old 10-01-2003, 11:22 AM

Glad you're convinced! You won't regret it. As far as whether the door stays open on its own - on some ships, it does, especially if it's a sliding door, but most ships have a heavy swing door (mostly glass) with a heavy spring return. We were able to leave our door open on Disney Wonder, but not on Carnival Fantasy or on the Maasdam (my balcony experiences so far). So bring the bungie cord anyway. No screen - but unless you're in port, you won't need one, and even then bugs aren't too big of a problem. I did hear about one cabin that let a bird in while in port, though! For that reason, I'd advise leaving the door closed in port, unless you're on the balcony. Have a great time!

Closed Thread