Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi....... just wanted to post this bit of information. We booked our latest cruise last
March and I have been watching cruise prices, we cruise in Jan. I saw a small drop in some of the fares, so I contacted my agent and had her check the latest on the fare prices before I made my final payment. My cruise came down $500.00. also my daughter had booked on the same cruise I told her to contact her agent she is in the midwest, she got $250.00 off her cruise she booked last april and paid in full. and got credit back. My agent will hear from me again in Dec. as I will again call and see what the fares are if there is a drop as the time gets closer fares do tend to drop. Our last cruise in March I got a choice of upgrade or a 300.00 room credit. I took the credit. Agents do not have the time to keep you informed of price drops or promos, so call your agent at least 2 months before your cruise and at least 3-4 weeks before, to check on promos and price drops. Happy Cruzin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fran p.s. toni if you read this call your agent see if you can get anything off as my agent said there is a existing promo going on, you may be eligible, does not hurt to call and ask even if you got the upgrade. see you soon!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi....... just wanted to post this bit of information. We booked our latest cruise last
March and I have been watching cruise prices, we cruise in Jan. I saw a small drop in some of the fares, so I contacted my agent and had her check the latest on the fare prices before I made my final payment. My cruise came down $500.00. also my daughter had booked on the same cruise I told her to contact her agent she is in the midwest, she got $250.00 off her cruise she booked last april and paid in full. and got credit back. My agent will hear from me again in Dec. as I will again call and see what the fares are if there is a drop as the time gets closer fares do tend to drop. Our last cruise in March I got a choice of upgrade or a 300.00 room credit. I took the credit. Agents do not have the time to keep you informed of price drops or promos, so call your agent at least 2 months before your cruise and at least 3-4 weeks before, to check on promos and price drops. Happy Cruzin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fran p.s. toni if you read this call your agent see if you can get anything off as my agent said there is a existing promo going on, you may be eligible, does not hurt to call and ask even if you got the upgrade. see you soon!!!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:59 AM

Hi Fran

I talked to my TA last week and the price still hasn't dropped enough yet. You see, we booked an 8A guarantee for $799 and we were upgraded to an 8E which is around $900. I'll keep watching the prices though!

Talk to you soon!

Toni
Old 11-07-2003, 03:14 PM

Fran, don't say that travel agents don't have time to check cruise specials for you. Everyone in my office does that for their clients. About a month and a half ago, when Carnival had announced a sale, I not only got one client and upgrade from 4B to 5A in two cabins but also reduced his price. Same story with another couple....4A to 5A with no price increase. Also had 3 couples on a Princess cruise. Based on the categories they booked, two of them got an 11 category upgrade with a special promotion.

If I keep track of my clients cruises and reprice for upgrades or reduced prices (yes, I sometimes lower my commission slightly because of reduced prices) they realize the value that their travel agent gives them and come back over and over and also tell their friends what I did for them.

Joe Canino CTC, MCC
Hebron (CT) Trave
Old 11-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Did not mean to step on your toes, I was just stating a opinion to other cruisers, I choose to keep an eye on cruise prices as I like to check on future cruises, I have had 3 agents in the last 3 years and the first two took our money and that was it, my latest TA has been pretty much on the ball she has booked our last 3 cruises and I do not expect her to keep track of every client and every promotion because I know agents are very busy people, so if I find something that looks to be discounted I call and have her check on it, so far she has gotten me some pretty good perks, from room credits to upgades, when I booked the other TA vacations I was not aware that upgrades and room credit could be available, and those two agents did not offer any information to the fact, so I am quite grateful for my current TA because she is on the ball and I tend to get a little involved in the search also, have a good day, and I am glad you think about your clients.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:18 AM

I didn't consider it "stepping on my toes". I just wanted to make sure that you and others realize that all travel agents (counselors, consultants, etc) are not the same. Some of us truly enjoy the work we do and establish excellent relationships with our clients such as the person you are working with now.

Do I remember every single person I have on a cruise in the future? No, but with a quick search function I can see who is going where and if they might qualify for any other promotion.

Joe Canino CTC, MCC
Hebron (CT) Trave
Old 11-08-2003, 07:39 AM

I have to agree with everyone. I booked my last cruise through Vacationstogo.com. I got what I thought was a good price when I booked it but, when the rate dropped before sailing...they would not adjust the price. I really wished I had booked it with a travel agent.

The service sucked, they were unfriendly and I ended up paying way more than I had to. For me, I will be a loyal to my travel agent from now on.

Gwen

Cruising is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

Closed Thread