Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 07:35 PM

To those of you who have sailed on many cruises. I've sailed 2 cruises, Conquest in 2004 and Celebration in 1997. Other than the Conquest being a newer, prettier, larger boat - I actually enjoyed myself more on Celebration. In my opinion, the smaller boat actually catered to it's passengers more. It's more personable.....or maybe it was because it was my 1st cruise. What do you think? What is your favorite ship and what is the reason? I'm asking because I won a cruise and I have to take it before May 2007. Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Do you have to go on a specific cruiseline?

We prefer the small ships ..less than 1000 pax.
Oceania is our favourite cruiseline followed by Princess for mass market line.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-29-2006, 03:03 AM

mommatee,

my favorite cruise ship ever is the S/S "Norway" because of its unique blend of being the last "Ship of State" ocean liner as well as cruising's first superliner which paved the way for today's cruise industry. Too bad the ship is more than likely lost.

As far as ships in active service today are concerned, I agree with Lyn that Oceania is superb, and I really like their ships - because of their interiors, their size, because of the excellent food and great service and the nonetheless affordable prices compared with the ultra-deluxe lines.

Another favorite of mine is Orient Lines' "Marco Polo" - a wonderful little ship - a former ocean liner completely rebuilt in the early 1990s - with a great product.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 AM

Cruise Fanatic makes an excellent point, and she should know

My favorite ship based on layout is Carnival Pride a Spirit Class ship.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 AM

Congratulations. I think everyone remembers their first cruise as being one of the best. One of the best things about cruising is trying new and different ships. Every cruise line, and every ship, is different in it's own way. The important thing to remember is everyone experiences things differently. You could interview 25 people coming off the same ship, and get 25 different views on how good the food was, the entertainment, the service. It is all relative to what your expectations are, and your likes and dislikes.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Our favorite ship, so far, is Holland America's Veendam. We've also been on her clones, Maasdam and Statendam. The ship size and pax count is perfect for us. The ships never seemed crowded. Also, our ocean view cabin was a good size and layout.
The main pool has a sliding glass roof for inclement weather and also has an AFT pool, which is our favorite spot to layout and relax. We also like the Zaandam, which is slightly larger. We've cruised on her twice. We picked the Veendam because it was for our third anniversary and the cruise was almost perfect!

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:58 AM

The Sea Princess, so far, is my all time favorite. However, any ship that I'm on is my favorite. I'll try to remember all the ships I've been on--it's hard for a blonde: Daphne, Sunward, Skyward, Starward, Sun Viking, Jubilee, Ecstacy, Nieuv Amsterdam, Elation, Carla, Sovereign of the Seas, Celebration, Sea Princess(twice), Dawn Princess, Sun Princess(soon to be twice). Then we're going on the Magica at Christmas. Next year we'll be on the Emerald Princess. I need to hit the lottery But turthfully, I look forward to every cruise on every ship as a new and marvelous adventure. I think you can find good in most any situation, and in the Caribbean I can always find good--especially the rum punches!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:01 AM

I have only been on 2 cruises, the Oosterdam and the Ryndam with HAL. I liked the Oosterdam best as it was newer, but all in all both cruise ships were fantastic. I loved them both. I have seen the Island Princess and would love to see that inside though as it just dwarfed our HAL ship.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:43 AM

I've been on five different cruises, and my favorite ship is RCCL's Mariner of the Seas. My first cruise was also the Celebration, in 1996 I think. I must admit, it was the most exciting, but probably because it was my first cuise, not because of the ship. The Mariner is absolutely beautiful.

By the way, mommatee, how did you win that cruise? I'd love to get in on a deal like that!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
Another favorite of mine is Orient Lines' "Marco Polo" - a wonderful little ship - a former ocean liner completely rebuilt in the early 1990s - with a great product.
We also like the MP ...we sailed her in 1974 when she was the Alexandr Pushkin...much better now without the communal showers & washrooms!!
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, favorite, ships