Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2002, 02:19 PM

Has anyone tried the romantic packages that the cruise lines offer? I was thinking of it. Just a simple one. Also, what are the spa treatments like and do you have to book them quickly?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:19 PM

Has anyone tried the romantic packages that the cruise lines offer? I was thinking of it. Just a simple one. Also, what are the spa treatments like and do you have to book them quickly?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2002, 04:46 PM

My wife and I booked a honeymoon package earlier this year on Grand Princess. It included things like:

• canapes or petit-fours each afternoon in our cabin
  • a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries the first night
  • room service breakfast with a half-bottle of champagne
  • free 8/10 photo in a frame
  • got to keep the terrycloth robes
  • tour of the bridge
  • one (30-min) spa appointment each[/list]
    It was cool, but it did set us back a couple of hundred bucks. The spa appointments were nice - we each got massages - but additional appointments are quite expensive. More time in the spa might also be hard to get - the schedule seems to fill pretty quickly.

There are smaller packages available; we're going out on Royal Caribbean next February, and they have romance packages as low as $99. One tip: the canapes or petit-fours can get pretty boring after three or four days. We asked our cabin steward if we could switch halfway through - he made the change with room service and all was happy again.

If you're taking this trip for a romantic reason, I say go ahead and pay up. It'll probably not add a whole lot to your overall tab, and it'll get you plenty of bonus credit, if you know what I mean. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-Scott
Old 12-12-2002, 05:07 PM

thanks for the info.

Do you remember if you booked the package over the phone. And once you boarded the ship did they remember to give you the first night of goodies without reminders?

Thanks again. Enjoy your Royal Caribbean cruise. We are going on the Enchantment in January. After all this snow, it will be a welcoming trip. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2002, 08:13 AM

We booked our honeymoon package through our awesome cruise-only travel agent, so all we had to do was look in the brochure and say "we want that!" and Mary Kay took care of the rest.

We boarded the ship quite early - probably the first or second transfer coach - and parts of our package we already in place. We had "just married" balloons outside our cabin! No reminders of any kind were needed.

We were slightly concerned that our bridge tour would be cancelled, remember this was only a few months after 9/11. We got an invitation in our "mailbox" a few days into the cruise detailing the time and place for the bridge tour (unfortunately, it conflicted with the blackjack tournament, but a techno-geek like me just HAD to see the bridge).

Everything went flawlessly - I don't think these packages would generate much (ahem) "romance" (cough cough) if passengers had to keep bugging the staff for their paid-up bonus items.

If you're into things like keeping the robes (I'm wearing my Princess robe as I write this), or getting a "free" 8x10 photo, just check into the individual costs of these items. It's probably a bargain compared to buying everything separately.

Plus, I like to think your cabin steward and/or waiters will be informed that you've booked a honeymoon or anniversary package and treat you accordingly!

-Scott

Closed Thread

Tags
appointment, bathrobes, caribbean, carirbean, cloth, honeymoon, package, packages, powered, reviews, robes, romance, royal, spa, terry, vbulletin