Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 06:03 PM

My husband and I are planning a cruise to Bermuda in May. We are departing from Boston and would like an overnight hotel room close to the wharf/pier. Any recommendations? We will also spend 2 days in Boston upon our return and would like a hotel close to some sights before leaving from Logan to return to St Louis. Any suggestions welcome
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM

This website might help you. Something near Faneuil Hall (Quincy Market) and Boston Commons would be good. To be on the waterfront the Boston Marriott Long Wharf hotel would be nice.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 AM

We have stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf; very nice but a little pricey and a great location.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. Yes, you would want to be in the Waterfront area to be closest to the ship. The Marriott Long Wharf is a favorite... there's also a fairly new Renaissance hotel that's supposed to be nice. The Waterfront, also called the Seaport, has undergone a major re-do and has seen the building of new hotels and restaurants. When searching for your pre-cruise hotel, look in the vicinity of the Boston Convention Center (NOT the Hynes, as that's in another part of town).

Any particular sites you're interested in for your post-cruise stay? There are hotels along the Freedom Trail, but don't feel that you're limited to those. Some very lovely (and pricey) hotels are located by the Public Garden near the Back Bay neighborhood, and more reasonably priced but still nice hotels are located further into Back Bay. Boston is a very easy city in which to travel...and no need to rent a car.

One note of caution: Look at maps before you book a hotel to ensure that the hotel is indeed within the city of Boston. Many hotels include "Boston" in their names, but are actually located miles away.

After looking at the link Cruise Fanatic provided, let us know of some of your choices, and I can give more specific advice from there.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 AM

Another vote for the Long Wharf..
Great location, and even tho we have never stayed there (we always stay with my sister's family), we have waited there MANY times to pick up the Ferry to the Cape, and we always notice the AMAZING service they provide their guests, and even us, and we have never been paying guests!
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 PM

There are several hotels that come to mind, as I have been to Boston several times. All of them are close to the public transportation system, which my family is big fans of (most of the time it's cheaper than cabs). Here are my recommendations:

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Courtyard Brookline
Boston Marriott Cambridge (across the river from Boston, but again, easy to get to the city center via the subway)

Also, you may get more hits if you post this in the "Embarkation ports, hotels, and transfers" thread.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 PM

Sorry. I forgot to mention my in my above post the hotels would be for your POST CRUISE stay in Boston.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
boston, close, copley, cruise, forum, hal, hotel, hotels, marriott, norwegian, place, pre, precruise, reviews, ship, shuttle, stay