Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 09:32 AM

We are a family of four arriving in Miami from the UK on February 19th and sailing on Costa Atlantica from Fort Lauderdale on 23rd Feb.
I would prefer not to have to drive and would appreciate any advice on where to stay and how to get about as well as getting to and from the port. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give
Mark
Old 02-08-2003, 09:32 AM

We are a family of four arriving in Miami from the UK on February 19th and sailing on Costa Atlantica from Fort Lauderdale on 23rd Feb.
I would prefer not to have to drive and would appreciate any advice on where to stay and how to get about as well as getting to and from the port. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give
Mark
Old 02-08-2003, 10:48 AM

It's very easy to get to Ft. Lauderdale from Miami. There are many taxi's you can take - (probably a 30 - 45 minute drive) most likely the cheapest form of travel for you and your family instead of renting a car. If you have a hotel on Ft. Lauderdale beach, everything is in walking distance and it's very nice. You will need a taxi to get to the port, though. But, it's not that expensive. Your hotel might even provide a service/shuttle to the port. I would call your hotel and see if they provide such a service.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:06 PM

Thankyou cship3 for taking the time to respond, I have now made all my reservations and decided on a four night stay in miami beach, taking a rental car one way on the day of the cruise, fort lauderdale hotels were quite expensive or at least those i found seemed to be!!
Old 02-16-2003, 11:02 AM

I am arriving at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and need transportation to a hotel in Miami. Any suggestions on shuttles? Is it more economical than a cab? Any idea what a cab ride would cost from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:15 PM

Helen: Try renting a car. You can rent with Thrifty at FLL, drive to your hotel, and then turn it in the next day at a hotel in Miami right near the port. A free Thrifty shuttle will then pick you up and bring you right to the pier. Miami is only 45 minutes south of FLL but cabs are expensive.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:57 AM

Last year we flew in from San Diego to Ft Lauderdale. The airfare was $400 cheaper for the two of us than flying into Miami. I looked around for transportation to Miami and found that a taxi was more expensive than going through a limo company. So thats what we did, we got a town car and driver. It was awesome. So nice to not to have to deal with renting a car.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:34 PM

Where do I book the limo from?

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, expensive, february, fort, ft, hotels, lauderdale, miami, post, pre, tour