Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 08:46 AM

I am planning to go on a cruise in Aug - mid to late aug with a few friends and was wondering if this is bad time to go cruising? Leaving from fl visiting the carribean - grandcayman,belize etc.

This would be our first time on a cruise. (Obviously planning on going on a carnival cruise - age range is btwn 20's and early 30's)

Pls advise a little nervous about hurricane and bad weather.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 PM

We went on a cruise a while back in Aug and there was a hurricane off the coast that was THE BIG news while we were in the airport. Our ship steered clear of it though and we did not have any problems. There were a few delays in the airport trying to get home but nothing that was major. We booked one this year for Oct which is also hurricane season. I know all the cruise lines do everthing they can to keep their ships and people on them safe so sometimes they may change iternery etc. to accomodate that.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

Last year all the major cruise ports in Florida were closed 3 times due to hurricanes.If you were out to sea you got 2-3 days extra for free ,good deal,huh? If you were waiting to board you lost 2-3 days with a credit given by the cruise lines.If you chosenot to go you got a full credit or a chance to re-book. I think this was standard policy for all the lines.We were scheduled for 2 different ships and missed both because I didn't want to waste a weeks vacation for a 4 day cruise.We were refunded 100% on both cruises.The prices are the best at this time of year so we will probably try it again,really nothing to loose. But I will say this we are supposed to have a similar hurricane season to last year.
Tom
Old 04-14-2005, 09:26 AM

Don't forget, August is the month to almost guarantee lovely weather in the Mediterranean.

I know its a long flight, but it's a long way for us Brits to the Caribbean too.

So escape the Hurricanes, and broaden your horizons!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cruise, season