Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 PM

Hello all!

We are planning our first cruise in January of 2004. We are trying to decide on which direction to cruise too.... Eastern Caribbean or Western Caribbean. At this point we are overwelmed with the choices, but have narrowed it down to either the SS Norway (Eastern Caribbean) or one of the Carnival ships that leave from either New Orleans, LA or Galveston, TX to the Western Caribbean.

So....With these choices, which cruise would be easier on the budget. Which destination would provide the warmest, nicest weather, and which destination would have a more party type crowd??

Thanks for your help!
Cheryl

Take Care,

Cheryl
Old 04-01-2003, 01:27 PM

Hello all!

We are planning our first cruise in January of 2004. We are trying to decide on which direction to cruise too.... Eastern Caribbean or Western Caribbean. At this point we are overwelmed with the choices, but have narrowed it down to either the SS Norway (Eastern Caribbean) or one of the Carnival ships that leave from either New Orleans, LA or Galveston, TX to the Western Caribbean.

So....With these choices, which cruise would be easier on the budget. Which destination would provide the warmest, nicest weather, and which destination would have a more party type crowd??

Thanks for your help!
Cheryl

Take Care,

Cheryl

Cheryl
Old 04-01-2003, 01:39 PM

Cheryl, from my experience you might find a slightly older crowd on the Galveston cruise than the others. However, as you mentioned that the choices are overwhelming - which they are! - why don't you see a travel agent? Ask friends & acquaintances who they have worked with - a cruise-oriented TA will be aware of the different options, and may even find another one that will fit your bill better than the ones you have mentioned!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:09 AM

Well I was on both the Norway and Carnival this past January. As far as the party crowd goes Carnival was more lively than the Norway. The weather in both the east and western Caribbean was about the same when I was cruising. We did cruise both east and western Caribbean in Jan. The waters were a little calmer on our Western sailing.

Both cruise lines did a great job and I would sail on the Norway or Carnival again. As was suggested I would try to find a Cruise Agent that can get more indepth on what you want and try to pick the right cruise for you.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:12 AM

I think frommy experience you would have more fun on Carnival. Im doingthe western caribbean this summer, but they say the eastern is just as nice. Read a little up onthe islands and then choose, whichever you pick you will have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
crowd, cruise, galveston, january, party, types