Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned

I went to their website which boasts last minute deals and I find Nov 29 Carnival Liberty for $389 (inside) sailing out of Miami for 7 days Eastern Carib. That's $55 /day / person. Then I find a flight from Chicago to Miami for $280 / person (including all fees). That's less than $100 total/person.

These prices seem too good to be true. Are they?

Sodey
Old 08-27-2008, 06:55 AM

I think you'll find that's for the 1A category which is bunkbeds. It also doesn't include $118.10 fuel supplement and government taxes. That's no better deal than what you can find on any of the numerous websites, or with a Travel Agent.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator

I just went to Travelocity and could get the same fare, and they only showed one Cat 1A cabin left, so if you want it you better hurry up.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM

I want to tip tow lightly since this board does not generally permit us saying much about specific TAs. Vacations to go has one of the best search engines on the web, and we use it often when we want to look for specific info on dates, itineraries, etc. Its a major player, and their owner is very active in many travel related pursuits. However, over the years we have always found better prices on other web-based sites...and sometimes the price differences were substantial (keep in mind we book longer cruises). So my advice is that you simply shop around on several other reputable sites, and than make your decision.

Hank
Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
As Hank says, vacations-to-go has a great search engine and we have booked through them with great results. We have also used a couple of other internet agencies, it depends on the price and the extras they offer.

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM

I've used the site for search purposes. For every cruise I've checked so far, the bottom line price has been the same with Carnival.

Dwayne
Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM

Travel agencies are not allowed to undercut Cruise line prices. They can offer perks such as on board credit, free insurance etc however.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fairy:
Travel agencies are not allowed to undercut Cruise line prices. They can offer perks such as on board credit, free insurance etc however.
I'm not sure if that's altogether true. I thought that for RCI price cutting was eliminated a while back but comparing different online TA's on my last 4 or 5 cruises I still see differences on Princess. Not that much of course, but maybe $50 per person on a 10 day cruise.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Cruise fairy, I do not think that is true for any of the cruises under the Carnival umbrella.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:04 AM

We booked with them for Nov.1, Liberty, out of Miami, 7 nights OV and the total ended up being $1422 with all the fuel charges and insurance. Last time I did it all through Carnival myself. Thought I'd try the TA route. Hasn't worked out so well with the hurricane hitting Houston, where they are stationed. Been very slow getting service, which I totally understand! Just bad timing.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Sodemann:
I went to their website which boasts last minute deals and I find Nov 29 Carnival Liberty for $389 (inside) sailing out of Miami for 7 days Eastern Carib. That's $55 /day / person. Then I find a flight from Chicago to Miami for $280 / person (including all fees). That's less than $100 total/person.

These prices seem too good to be true. Are they?

Sodey

Closed Thread

Tags
agents, bbb, cost, cruise, deal, frpom, line, reveiews, review, reviews, total, travel, vacations, vacationsto, vacattionstogo, website