Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2002, 01:25 PM

We are going on our first cruise sept 28th and
would like to know if anyone else will be on this
Western Caribbean Cruise? (7 days) Ports or Cayman
Islands, Haiti, Cozumel and Jamaica.
We would also like to hear from anyone that has
been on this cruise. What can we expect?
I believe we are on the Voyager of the Sea.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:25 PM

We are going on our first cruise sept 28th and
would like to know if anyone else will be on this
Western Caribbean Cruise? (7 days) Ports or Cayman
Islands, Haiti, Cozumel and Jamaica.
We would also like to hear from anyone that has
been on this cruise. What can we expect?
I believe we are on the Voyager of the Sea.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:22 AM

Hi,

We went on the same cruise last December. We loved Grand Cayman, visit www.captainmarvins.com and book the snorkle excursion with his company. We were so glad that we did instead of going through the cruise ship. His prices were better and overall the experience was much more enjoyable than people that we met that had gone with the boat. The amount of people on our tour was nothing close to what was booked through the boat. We had maybe 25 people on our tour, where on a ship that holds 3k people could you imagine how many would be on the boats tour. We did the 2 hr excursion, which took us to the stingray sandbar and then we went snorkling at a reef. I really can't say enough about Captain Marvin's. We also got a video sent to us of our experience and it was worth every penny. Definetly do some shopping in Grand Cayman, they had beautiful things there.

We didn't care for Jamaica, we didn't feel safe there at all. I must say though, that some people I have talked to had a wonderful time there. We took the boats advice and booked a tour on the boat. We did the party boat to Dunn River Falls. We had a wonderful time.

Cozumel was great also. We booked a Jeep tour with a private company. Here is the website:
http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/tours/jeep.html
I could go on and on about these tour guides. We had such a wonderful time and again we so glad we ventured out on our own. The tour had only 10 people and it was awesome. They took us to a secluded beach and we swam and snorkled. It was the best.

A lot of people are leary about booking tours on their own, but I tell you to put all bad thoughts out of your head. Every company we dealt with were professional and we didn't have one problem. The tour guides in Cozumel were from America. And as you can see we had a great time on our trip. I hope you have as good of a time as we did. You can email me if you have any other questions.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the information Marvlgrl. This will be
very helpful. I am really excited about this cruise.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:34 AM

I just booked the explorer for 9/28/02. The voyager is sailing on the 9/29/02. I have taken several cruises but never on RCI. This ship looks great. I can't wait to get on board. I'm very excited about the atrium cabin. I have only been to cozumel, and had a wonderful time. Just hoping for great weather.

Closed Thread