Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM

I have been on cuise review sites a lot recently preparing for my upcoming cruises. Quite frankly I am getting sick of the inappropriate comments that people are making about the "types" of people on board. Things like "noisy Americans with their off spring" and "Europeans who don't speak any English" even comments by non Americans about the Bush administration. I even read one ladies message who stated "she had met a nice American couple (yes they are not all bad)" she wrote. Enough!! These forums are not intended to air your feelings about politics or issues with other cultures. All people have "issues" there are rude and obnoxious types in every nationality. These cruises are for our enjoyment, it would be nice if we could all try to be a little more curtious and friendly while we are away.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Humanity in general seems to be less and less courteous with each passing year. How I long for the times when people at least outwardly treated each other politely even if they harbored hidden agendas. I fear this is lost.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Right on!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Sue....
Be proud that these people all have the right to speak their mind. You don't have to browse the internet to find bad attitudes....you'll meet them personally at any resort in any country.

There are 350 million Americans (give or take a million here or there) and there's bound to be a few wise-asses.

I'm Canadian and travel a lot. I NEVER wear a flag, and have been treated great because of who I am....not because of where I'm from. I look just as American as anyone (if that's even possible if you know what I mean).

And remember this, when your a super-power who stands up to the bullies of the world (really....who else takes them on) your bound to make a few people jealous.

Enjoy the cruises, crew and friends and let the rest go. Misery loves company.

(hmmmmm.......shoulda been a preacher)

Dan
Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Dan,

I cannot add anything to what you said...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:48 PM

A smile goes a long way Always treat those as you wish to be treated
Old 04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned

Possibly, maybe, might want to check into spell checking programs.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:16 AM
I guess you didn't hear:
we're going to be a kinder, gentler chat site now that dosen't criticize spelling, grammar, etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan in Winnipeg:
(hmmmmm.......shoulda been a preacher)
Dan
AMEN, Dan!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Society is getting more intolerant everyday. But I learned long ago in my first job to stay polite and friendly no matter how rude a customer was. In some cases that just infuriated people more, but most calmed down when they realized someone was actually listening. I usually find that being polite and friendly to people I deal with brings a positive response, probably because they find it to be a refreshing change.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
bigatescom