Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm looking for anecdotes regarding film/movie screenings on cruiseships and ocean liners. Who has a funny/touching/shocking story to share? I'm writing a little article on the theater of the DSS Rotterdam V, and thus I'm doing some research and figured I might as well ask here.
The postcard can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pulp-o-...7594130022929/ Perhaps it helps in refreshing your memory.
So although I could only wish for stories dating back to the times of the Rotterdam V (Fifties and Sixties), I'd also be happy with some more recent experiences. What was shown? What was the quality like? Were the features re-edited like they did on airlines? Was there other content shown, like newsreels, travelogues, or special films? Again, any info is welcome. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm looking for anecdotes regarding film/movie screenings on cruiseships and ocean liners. Who has a funny/touching/shocking story to share? I'm writing a little article on the theater of the DSS Rotterdam V, and thus I'm doing some research and figured I might as well ask here.
The postcard can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pulp-o-...7594130022929/ Perhaps it helps in refreshing your memory.
So although I could only wish for stories dating back to the times of the Rotterdam V (Fifties and Sixties), I'd also be happy with some more recent experiences. What was shown? What was the quality like? Were the features re-edited like they did on airlines? Was there other content shown, like newsreels, travelogues, or special films? Again, any info is welcome. Thanks!

Closed Thread