Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2003, 10:55 AM

Hi,

I was hoping that you could help, this will be my second cruise but my childrens first cruise. We are sailing 12/7/03 on carnival victory to the west c. ... Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho rios. Please give me some suggestions on excursions for these places that are cost effective, our childrens ages are 2,7, and 13. We are concerned about what to do in ocho rios the most. Also how is the weather normally this time of year leaving out of miami going to these areas? will we be warm most of the time? How is camp carnival on this ship? I wonder if 2 1/2 year olds normally do well in the camp. I would love to have an evening to go out with my husband. Thank you in advance. We want this to be a really nice trip of course. Our children have never been and dream about it so it is an early Christmas gift.

Traci
Old 11-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Traci

Thank you for visiting our forum.

<>

Because of the age difference of the children, this is a difficult question to answer. I think the best thing for you to do, is to go the excursion desk when your onboard and ask what excursions do they suggest for your family. There in best position to know what would be available with a youngster 2 ˝ years old. In the meanwhile, we suggest you go to Tom Ogg’s Port Review page and familiarize yourself with the various ports you will be visiting. It might help you understand some of the things the excursion desk personnel will be telling you.

<>

Traci, we can tell you from experience that it is usually in the 78-82 in that region, but check with Port Reviews. Port Reviews will tell you what you can expect the weather to be at all the Ports you will be visiting. Be sure to bring with you a high spf rated sun screen, because the Caribbean sun is very, very strong and you can get a burn in a matter of minutes. Some questions about your ports that you haven’t asked, that you will also find the answers to in Port Reviews is:

Language and Currency
What is Playa Del Carmen Like?
What is the Weather Like?
Where Does the Ship Dock?
Where is the Shopping?
What is There to Buy?
What is There To Do?
Is There Anything of a “Don’t Miss Quality?
Are There Any Great Restaurants or Bars?

<>

Traci, we suggest you post this question on the Carnival Line in the Cruise Line section of Cruise-Chat. Mothers that have cruised with Carnival are in a better position to answer this question. You could also post it in Cruise Chat. There might be someone who goes to that board who has an answer for you.

Traci, you are a very special mom to give your children such a wonderful Xmas gift. We hope this cruise is everything you want it to be.

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

Closed Thread