Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi again,
I'm a little suprised that you havn't come back on here with a return post or even answered my questions to you.....So I will ask one last time are you really interested in starting a focus group ?
Could I also add that if any member who offered to help has had a PM from this poster... to just let us know.....I suspect that this is the first & only post by this person...If I am wrong I apologise.

I don't understand why someone posts like this...I mean what is the point ?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 AM

Hi everyone,
Firstly, let me give you all my sincerest apologies for the lack of response on my part. Especially to jack2007, I'm sorry to have given the impression that I was wasted people's time. The reason for my lack of response is that I people suggested to me that conducting a research project in the cruise industry would be quite difficult, so I was trying to research other avenues. However, I'm still passionate about researching this area (and after meeting my project supervisor) he has really encouraged me to go ahead with it. So again, I'm very sorry and thank you for all your replies.
To reply to some questions:
1) I am studying Marketing at Royal Holloway, University of London. So I'm quite legit!
www.rhul.ac.uk/management
2) my email address is m.witham@rhul.ac.uk but I will be using markawitham@btopenworld.com more.
3) my title for the project is not defined yet, as I need to find out the key issues first. But ultimately it will be to study 'brand experience' in the cruise industry. Our experience with brands is often psychological (attitudes, opinions etc), however the cruise ships are one of the few types of brand where you can physically live in and experience the brand. Eg... Carnival 'fun', Royal Caribbean 'adventure', Princess probably more sophisticated, etc. Additionally, in the UK for example, cruising is a relatively new holiday, therefore I'd like to look at what accounted for this rise.

One of the reasons that I was told not to do this project was the lack of access to people who go on cruises! But now I have quite a few people, I'm excited about going-ahead with it.
So thank you for all the responses! I'd definitely be willing to send a small gift to people who take part... maybe a few British chocolates and things for those over in America!

The next step for me is to try and compile a list of names/emails of people who would be willing to take part in some form of online questionnaire that I would provide or a MSN/chat/forum style focus group.

I myself will be taking a cruise to Asia in Jan 2008 with Royal Caribbean, so I hope to speak to some passengers and crew to further my research.

Any feedback/advice on my project would be most welcome. And thank you all for your time. I look forward to being in touch again soon.

Mark Witham
markawitham@btopenworld.com
Old 11-08-2007, 09:12 AM

Any excuse to talk about cruising is good enough for me. I sent you my email address. Good luck with your project!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Thank you for your reply and for the way you have answered my questions....yes I did feel at the time you were not genuine just because there was absolutely no response.....but I am pleased you have replied and explained the reson for the delay.
I hope some members will assist you in your project.
The cruise to asia sounds very exciting .
good luck with your project
regards jack.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, industry, project, projects, research, thesis