Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Congrats to Sonny as well

h2o, I don't know if will help but I have an un-opened box of Carnival catalogs for 2005-2007. They have been updated since because the Ships are always moving etc. But the Ship descriptions are accurate. I think has 25 books and weight is 15. You are welcome to them.

IslandCruz
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 AM

We have convinced several couples to give cruising a try over the years. With one couple, they had both traveled fairly extensively both domestic and foreign. The wife wanted to go on a cruise with us, but the husband was sure he would be bored on a ship. We talked with them for over two years before the husband was finally convinced to give it a try. We had a wonderful cruise and the moment we got back the husband—and wife—couldn’t wait to go again. About every two months the husband asks me when the next cruise is.

We also took my wife’s parents on a cruise. They have traveled very little and were very unsure of what to expect. I don’t think they would have ever booked a cruise on their own. We had a great cruise and my wife’s parents absolutely loved it. Now my mother-in-law is trying to figure out how to get the entire extended family on a cruise.

One more note, some people are just not going to like cruising. My sister loves to cruise and she and her husband took a cruise for their honeymoon. Unfortunately her husband go seasick and was sick for the entire cruise. For their five year anniversary they decided to try a cruise again. Again her husband was sick for the entire cruise. So, although cruising is wonderful, it is not for everyone.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:58 AM

Thanks, Island Cruz, but my TA is really pretty good. She has made up flyer that I am handing out and sends me catalogs whenever I run out by handing them out. I just can't get anyone to be interested. I think you don't know what cruising is until you do it.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM

h2o, Yeah, and once they go are hooked or addicted as we say here. Actually was already mentioned but Carnival use to have some ship specific videos and a general one. If you could get them and make a few copies might be a thought. Of course I am not suggesting copying copyrighted material
Old 08-30-2006, 12:19 PM

or as was discussed before I could have a party and show those videos. I have a call in to my TA to see what she has available.

Closed Thread