Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM

Well it looks as though the proposed revision is dead for the moment & it's great news for everyone, except NCL. I hope Princess reinstates the 15 day cruises to Hawaii now. I always suspected the proposed rule had something to do with their change to 14 days.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2008/08...p_proposal_rejected/
Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Rich,

I may have to appoint you the forum news correspondent! Thanks for the link.

I am also pleased it was killed. It was obviously a train wreck from the beginning and I hope we don't hear about it again. Of course, this being an election year the new OMB (and there will be one regardless of who wins) may revisit the proposal. I sure hope not.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:16 PM

This is good news indeed. I was afraid this could potentially effect Key West as well. Thanks for the link, Rich.

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 06:28 PM

It seems as though we haven't heard the last of the NCL proposal. They've reapplied to get a federal rule changed in its favor.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...01/focus4.html
Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Isin't "Pride of America" the only NCL ship still sailing Hawaii?

I can't believe all this fuss over one ship. Instead of trying to get the government to regulate the competition maybe they should try offering a more competitive product.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 AM
Administrator

If NCL thinks this will drive me to do business with them they are sadly mistaken. If my favorite cruise lines get slammed by a new rule I'll know who to blame, and I do hold grudges for a long time.

The thing is, this rule would also affect NCL's non-U.S. flagged ships. What kind of idiots do they have running that outfit?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:39 AM

I'm with you thinking on that Dave, I have sailed with NCL in the past but after this fiasco I refuse to give them any more of my business - no matter what the outcome. Most people don't even know what's being proposed & don't realize how devastating it would be to the cruise industry as we know it today. I brought up the subject at a Captains lunch with the Princess Circle host & she was very well aware of the proposal. (many of the people at our table had never heard a word)
Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Administrator

To take what Dave said a little further: If NCL thinks this will drive me to continue to do business with them, they are sadly mistaken. They may have lost a previously loyal, 15-year customer this time.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 AM

I had to go & check my past cruise records & only had six and I can assure you I will never make it to seven.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Not to pile on, or offend anyone, but they will lose me as a potential new customer too. I was considering the Majesty out of Charleston. I think they should reconsider the backlash from loyal cruisers of every brand that may have given them a try. I don't think they are in a position to be putting out any ill will. No amount of advertising would overcome the word of mouth from the cruising communities of all the brands if they follow through with this. We may not all cruise the same brands, but if this could impact our port choices....

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, proposal, proposals, ship