Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:47 PM

This isn't really an urgent question, but just trying to be realistic about our upcoming cruise. We are going on a 3 day Fantasy (Carnival) out of canaveral. Our "cruise" is at 4 pm... What time will be really be "on our way" how long does just getting through baggage stuff and loading take? 5? 6? Our do you do that stuff before 4 and LEAVE at 4?

And we disembark at 11 am. So when will we be back to our car? Do we have to start the process early that day? How early?

I;m sorry for the silly questions I just haven't a clue how this goes.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 04-30-2005, 06:05 PM

If they say 4pm that should be the actual time you leave. Embarkation usually starts after 11am. This way they are able to turn around all of the cabins & public areas.
The time for embarkation can vary. My last cruise I had no waiting at all & was on in minutes. The luggage process does take some time to actually arrive to your cabin.
So if you think you want to change clothes or into a bathing suit put it in your carry-on.
As for disemarkation it is usually an early day(sorry)
If the actual process does not start until 11am though, you may be in luck.
Usually you have your bags packed the night before & leave them out. Then in the morning they like you to leave your cabin early so they can clean. Again, the entire process can go fast or slow. Does not sound like Customs will be an issue, so that saves time.
Have a great cruise
Old 04-30-2005, 06:13 PM

Hi Shelby,
If your cruise is scheduled to depart at 4:00 PM, then that is when it will leave (give or take a few minutes). Guests are usually required to be onboard one hour before departure. Although the luggage will have gone through security screening and onboard, it is possible that your luggage will not actually be delivered to your stateroom until sometime later in the evening.

As for disembarking: It will be a very early morning. You will most likely have to vacate your stateroom no later than 8 AM and depending on customs and immigration clearing - guests may start leaving the ship as early as 7-8 AM or as late as 9-10 AM.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-30-2005, 06:23 PM

The 3-day cruise usually visits Nassau, so customs will come into play. After disembarking the ship, you will be directed to a section of the cruise terminal where you will pick up your luggage and hand in your customs declaration form (they'll give you one onboard.)

Since they want you to leave your bigger bags out in the hallway when you go to bed the night before disembarkation, be sure to have in addition a good-sized carryon for each of you - you will use that for your pj's and other last-minute needs (toothbrush, etc.), and also for your change of clothes to wear off the ship. (It actually has happened that people have had to wear the same clothes off the ship that they had the day before - underwear & all - because they didn't know about this.)

Have a wonderful time!! I'm sure you'll find the cruise is over much too fast. That's ok - hopefully it's just the beginning of many enjoyable cruises for you!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:56 PM

My family and I are leaving on the fantasy June 4th. First timers my main concern is will we have enough to wear with two boys shorts and t-shirts are the rage. Do you have to dress up each night to eat ?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:05 PM

I'm not sure if i'm right Melody..but my husband was told by the TA that the 3 days don't have a formal night ..but that one night is dressy..not tux's but dresses.The guys don't have to wear a coat but a dress shirt/tie would be the norm(So I think) The other nights are casual but no shorts, jeans, etc.

my plan is for me a cocktail dress on the formal night and sundress type for the others...the boys will wear polo shirts and my small daughter has 2 nice dresses and one sun dress.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 06-01-2005, 07:06 PM

If you eat dinner in the buffet area on the Lido deck, you don't have to dress up at all. If you want to eat in the dining room, though, there will be one formal night. Dress code is (at minimum) suits & ties for men, dressy pantsuits or dresses for women; for children, slacks and a sport coat. (Men can get away with slacks & sport coat that match reasonably well, preferably of a dark color.) Shorts and t-shirts are not generally allowed in the dining room for dinner, even on casual nights - long pants and shirts with collars (such as polo shirts) will be acceptable for casual & informal nights in the dining room on the short cruises.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shelby:
I'm not sure if i'm right Melody..but my husband was told by the TA that the 3 days don't have a formal night ..but that one night is dressy..not tux's but dresses.The guys don't have to wear a coat but a dress shirt/tie would be the norm(So I think) The other nights are casual but no shorts, jeans, etc.

my plan is for me a cocktail dress on the formal night and sundress type for the others...the boys will wear polo shirts and my small daughter has 2 nice dresses and one sun dress.
So they can wear polo shirts and causal pants but no shorts? Thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Shelby, you and I posted at the same time. You are on the right track for dinnertime dress. When we took a 3-night cruise (also on Fantasy) 7 years ago, there was a formal night; however, that may have changed. If you have a Carnival brochure, you can check in there, or ask your TA to doublecheck for you. Of course, as I mentioned, you can eat in the buffet that night if you don't want to take the dressier clothes. Or, if you don't mind being a little underdressed compared to many others, I suspect the nicer clothes you are bringing for the kids will pass muster on formal night without a problem.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:14 PM

I have several dress pants ans button shirts that should be ok for the kid. I was just wondering about the other food area's lke th bistro where your able to get the pizza. They like to nibble all the time but they don't want to go back to there rooms to change from there bathing suits

Closed Thread

Tags
disembark, early, morning